Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I get the prepaid electricity to work???

Solved
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Bethesda,

Which area are you in?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Bethesda
New Contributor

Hi

Im aware you have being trying to correct this from early 2015.This is why i say rather remove the function till such time you are able to insure that it works, you leaving the app up and having us feel that maybe today it works then it doesnt is false hope

Infact i tried last night and it failed

and im unsure if you have used the app at all, but when you buy the money is taken from your account, yes its returned the next day without fail but the money if it was your last will not be availble for you to draw or swipe at a till if you now had to go buy electrcity.

So for someone who has money in the account it wont be a major problem as they can use other money and get the failed buy money the next day but the issue is that if you dont have any other besides to buy and you guys take it you leave the client with no chance to go get electricity via another method

Also i have being watching the forums and you have being stating for months now that you guys are speaking to the municipality.yet a year later here we are still complaining about this issue, why not focus on this instead of getting IOS App for your Apple Gear watch? 

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Bethesda,

This is an issue that we have been discussing with our electricity suppliers. Please be mindful that the money will still be available in your account until the transaction goes through and you get your electricity voucher number.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Bethesda
Solution
New Contributor

Hi

The money is returned the next day,

Let it be known that the app works 2% of the time the rest of the time is fails, StandardBank is well aware of this issue and fails to correct it but what makes me the most upset is the fact that the part that takes your money is flawless.

There is so much developement put into insuring that the money is taken and also returned (which shows us that they know of the error) yet the issue of the failure to supply you with the electricity code doesnt get any attention.

Let me run a scenario for you guys here, Imagine you have 1 unit left and you need to buy electrcity and all you have left in your account is R200, so you buy via the app for R200 and guess what Standard Bank gets there money but the app fails to give you the code, now you have no money to go to the shop and buy the "manual" way as Standard Bank has insured that the money processing part of the system works 100% but the rest not so now you are forced into darkness by a bank that should be considerate for there clients.

If you cant run the function remove it till such time you can depend on it to work so that we can use the function as we all do greatly appreciate the ablilty to buy electricity via the app when it works.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

It is important to check your bank statement as the money will not be deducted from your account if the transaction was not processed. If the money was taken from your account, you may call us on 0860 238 837 so that we may assist you further.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

samwright1307
Can someone please help me? I purchased R100 pre paid electricity on my standard bank mobile application. I was then sent an SMS notification which confirmed the transaction and my new account balance. HOWEVER even though I'm -100 from my bank account I did not recieve any input code for my elec meter to load the electricity I have purchased and when I finally got home it has not been loaded either and I'm still on 2watt hours ...... Where do I retrieve the input code??? Or did I just get weaseled out of a hundred bucks??
Go to the solution >