Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Increasing daily Withdrawal limit

Solved
Seipati
New Contributor
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

You will need to visit your nearest branch to increase your withdrawal limit.

manozana
Occasional Visitor
This option is still not available on my app. I would like to buy electricity but I get an error saying I reached my withdrawal limit. Please asssist
earlmarillier
Occasional Visitor

I know it's a bit too late but....

Standard bank need to make it easier for their customers. Especially in emergency situations like this. Possible solution I concur with, from this fellow customer - Set daily withdrawal limits functionality on the app. Let us freely manage our own money please and thank you :-)

Live up to your slogan. Give your customer the right to believe in you. Your response in this matter was very cold.

('Hi,

You will need to visit a branch to increase your daily limit and you will need your ID to do so.") Really??

You're not speaking to money but people who entrust their money to you and trust that you will help if need be. Policies must change. Other banks "Make things happen" for their customers.

"Standard Bank is constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers. Our slogan “Moving Forward” forms part of a greater creative strategy: one that focuses on making the right connections, which we believe is an integral part in achieving success." - (taken from the official website)

I still love you Standard Bank but some of your policies (and people skills) need to "EVOLVE"

@StandardBank wrote:

Hi,

You will need to visit a branch to increase your daily limit and you will need your ID to do so.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, please use the following steps to increase your daily limit:

• From the home screen, swipe the screen from left to right, or tap on the hamburger icon on the top left.
  • Tap on ‘Manage Cards’.
  • Tap on the card for which you would like to change the daily ATM limit.
  • Tap on ‘Daily ATM Limit’.
  • You will see the total daily limit that is currently set; as well as the used and available amounts.
  • Tap on the the input field in the middle of the screen.
  • Type the new daily ATM limit that you would like. Remember it cannot be:
    • Less than the amount already withdrawn today
    • More than your monthly ATM limit
    • More than R10 000
  • When increasing your daily ATM limit, a one-time-password (OTP) will be sent via SMS. Enter than OTP into the app.
  • For decreasing limits, no OTP is required.
  • The app will present a confirmation message that says: ‘Limit Updated’ – and the new daily limit will be visible.
Danielle1
i would like to increase my daily limit to R5000
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

• From the home screen, swipe the screen from left to right, or tap on the hamburger icon on the top left.
  • Tap on ‘Manage Cards’.
  • Tap on the card for which you would like to change the daily ATM limit.
  • Tap on ‘Daily ATM Limit’.
  • You will see the total daily limit that is currently set; as well as the used and available amounts.
  • Tap on the the input field in the middle of the screen.
  • Type the new daily ATM limit that you would like. Remember it cannot be:
    • Less than the amount already withdrawn today
    • More than your monthly ATM limit
    • More than R10 000
  • When increasing your daily ATM limit, a one-time-password (OTP) will be sent via SMS. Enter than OTP into the app.
  • For decreasing limits, no OTP is required.
  • The app will present a confirmation message that says: ‘Limit Updated’ – and the new daily limit will be visible.
mavusanaburger
Occasional Visitor
How can I check wat my daily limit is online?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

You will need to visit a branch to increase your daily limit and you will need your ID to do so.

Kgomotso_Tolo
Am trying to increase my daily withdrawal limit on the standard bank app but I only find an option of EAP monthly limit, so I want to know if this also mean I can withdraw my monthly limit in a day or what? Or is there another way I can increase my daily limit on the app? Please help urgently, am in polokwane and forgot my ID in mpumalanga and need of enough cash urgently.
Go to the solution >