Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Selected wrong cellphone provider for the correct number.

5 REPLIES 5
saneyvorster
Regular Visitor
This is similar, but for some reason my old cellphone number is permanently automatically in my banking app as I want to purchase data, now I bought data for that number and I haven't been using that number for 2yrs now, is it possible if I can get a refund of my money and how can I permanently DELETE that old number that's no longer in use
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Ls,

Unfortunately the money will not be reversed.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

straussnatasha
New Contributor
@LS
I doubt highly as to weather cellc will refund you.
Unfortunatrly I used to be a cellc customer and had nothing but endless troubles from them from inception. Their financial/accounts and admin department is below par. (My opinion)
Perhaps once cellc gets up to scratch then maybe they might be able to assist. (Hoping for your case)
By experience, I will just write that money off to spare me the headache and irritation. Kind regards.
LS
I have made the same error.Does anyone know of cell C can refund?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Unfortunately, the money will not be reversed into your account. As you are given an option to confirm the details entered.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

straussnatasha
New Contributor
Hi there, I loaded airtime, but selected cellc instead of telkom. The celphone number is mine and correct though. Will the money be returned to my account?