Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Use abroad issue

Buffylb
New Contributor
This is the second time I’m in a foreign country and my account has been blocked. I have a reference number confirming use abroad but again my card has been blocked. I hate this app. I hate Standard Bank. The first time this happened to me I called and verified and went through all the steps to enable use abroad and it got blocked and now after the second issue of doing it via the app I’m blocked again from using my card and left stranded... why have the option on the app if you’re just going to block me anyway? I keep getting cut off when I call the fraud unit to unblock my card and don’t know what to do next... help! I feel trapped here, again! It’s not a great feeling. And I should perhaps give up on standard bank getting it right and move to another bank. As I haven’t heard from anyone else at other banks that they have ever had this issue... how can you leave me stranded like this when I have a reference confirmating that the bank acknowledges my use abroad??? There’s something wrong with your system and I’m probably going to have to open a US account just to be able to send myself money because for some reason I can still use the app but not my card......... thanks for ruining another holiday