Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Windows 10 Universal app

27 REPLIES 27
ChaseCarbone
Occasional Contributor

Have you heard about Universal apps? They're designed to work smoothly on different devices, which is pretty handy. You can find them in the Microsoft Store. By the way, if you're looking for a cheap Windows 11 key, check out some online marketplaces. Just be careful and choose a reliable seller. Do your research before making any purchases.

hnynalmshrf

I understand your frustration with the lack of support for Windows Mobile and the issues you're facing with the Standard Bank app. It's unfortunate that there hasn't been an update for the app, and it's not working most of the time. I agree with you that Microsoft should make use of UWP and support the Windows platform. There are many issues with Windows 10, but if you're looking for a Windows 10 product key, you should check out windows 10 product key reddit. They have a lot of helpful information and resources for Windows 10 users.

Lefty
Occasional Contributor
I couldn't agree more with nhlanhla700.

SB, you have removed the last bit of software that kept me hanging in as a client. The website is no replacement for an app.
nhlanhla700
Occasional Contributor
Hey Standard bank.
Thanks for finally breaking the app. Much appreciated.
You couldn't just leave it as is if you couldn't spend my money updating it?
Lefty
Occasional Contributor

Hi ilanampiti,

That is dissapointing - 26% of PCs run on Win 10 and rising, especially with the popularity of  2 in 1 devices. This should be re-visited.

Also, the OTP is a pain when doing banking through the phone, not the case if you have a registered app. I'd rather change my bank than the operating system used on all my devices - yes, I use WP10 as well.  Now all depends on the effort involved in changing banks.

Lefty

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi Lefty,

There are currently no plans to support the Windows 10 platform using a native app. The cross platform support strategy outside the scope of Android and IOS from an Internet Banking point of view, is to provide customers with a responsive website that works on desktop and mobile devices.

Lefty
Occasional Contributor

Hi ilanampiti,

I'm sure if you follow the thread the way to assist will be apparent - build a UWP app!
In the meanwhile, any news from your dev team on this?

Lefty

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi svdm3,

Please let me know how I can assist you?

svdm3
New Contributor

moving forward is not so apprently not the direction, but never the motive either...

ill be switching too.

Allen_Farai
New Contributor

Surely when answering to a question about the Windows Mobile platform to Google the acronym UWP should be easier than asking the commmunity member you should provide answers with what that is. If you have a supervisor that person must be terrible at their job!

Anyways ours is a forgotten platform and Standard Bank not a digital first bank in 2017, I still look at the FNB app with such envy. It's sad, we will never get an update for the app, it is pretty flawed and doesn;t work most of the time, I have bettyer results with cellphone banking.

busisiwe23bm
Contributor

Hi Lefty,

Our technical team is looking into that and will advise as soon as its available. In the meantime please use the internet banking site.

Lefty
Occasional Contributor

Thanks nhlanhla700, you have more energy than I have. (My answer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/get-started/whats-a-uwp).

Lefty

nhlanhla700
Occasional Contributor
UWP - Universal Windows Platform app.
An app which runs on all Windows 10 devices - PC, Mobile phone, Tablet and Xbox.

Eg. Mail for Windows10 looks like a phone app in a phone screen but scale to full pc app as soon as you project to a smart tv miracast.
Code ounce.
One app runs everywhere, it scales to the device and size of screen and monitor.
busisiwe23bm
Contributor

Hi Lefty,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by UWP app. Please clarify so that we can assist.

Lefty
Occasional Contributor
Greetings SB Team,

Please provide some concrete news on the development a UWP app for what's proving to be a dominant OS. Terms like "reviewing the issue" have no substance.

Thanks,
Lefty
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Nhlanhla700,

Thanks for the suggestion, we will escalate this to our technical team.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

nhlanhla700
Occasional Contributor
Hello SBSA
While you're working hard developing our Windows 10 UWP app, could you find a little bit of time to add a simple calendar  to input a future payment reminder.
This reminder should be a live tile also. The Windows way.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Thank you for raising this matter with us, our development team is currently reviewing this issue.

heinza7778
New Contributor
Hi SBSA,

All the other major banks have apps for all the OS platforms.

Please consider doing the same. Not everyone uses Android or Apple...and it is not difficult to convert you android app to Windows....
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Banele, thank you for your feedback. I will forward your query to our development team.