Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

authorisation key

42 REPLIES 42
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Berto,

Please be advised that Internet banking refers to our Online Banking site. To register for the new online banking platform, you’ll need to create new login details using your email address and a new eight-character alphanumeric password. We’ll then send you an OTP which once you’ve entered, you’ll be registered and signed in to your new Online Banking profile.

Using only your email address and password makes it easier to access your Online Banking profile online and via the Standard Bank app as well as link multiple cards to your profile.

Kindly make use of the following link to register for the new online banking: https://onlinebanking.standardbank.co.za/#/register.

Also you can learn more about the new Internet Banking here: http://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/Learn-about-new-Online-Banking/ta-p/419954/j....

Regards,

Mandy

Berto

1.How do I go about registering for internet banking?... 2.is internet banking and online banking the same thing or different things.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Vuyokazi0427,

Please note that you will only be asked for authorization key if that specific device is not supported on the newly updated version of the app.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Vuyokazi0427
munhu
New Contributor

Smiley LOL

As long as the none working mobile app is in the store, you will see this thread growing.

I have zero desire to use any browser for accessing the banking platform. For this reason i will be lurching here supporting any thread that relates to the  non working app or lacking of a working app in the store.

Iam amazed that someone still is sending querys for this to the app team, i just dont understand the lack of zeal to get rid of persistent questions for good.

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi Ivan53,

I will escalate your query to our app team.

Ivan53
Occasional Contributor

@ilanampiti wrote:

Hi,

Which country are you banking from? Please let me know, so I can assist further.

The fact that NO ONE READS ALL PREVIOUS POSTS has resulted in this topic growing in length.

The facs that are known beyond any doubt.

1. Standard Bank (RSA) have abandoned  banking apps for Windows 10 Mobile. Users of this OS are encouraged to use their HTML5 Edge Browser on their device, really works well as the full PC Website automatically changes to a Mobile friendly version.
  2. Standard Bank (RSA) has undertaken to remove all banking apps from the Windows 10 Mobile Store, the app with a orange tab has been removed with the remaining one displayed with cyan tab still to be removed. This one has a Portuguese language display, apparently for use by Standard Bank Mozambique account holders.

HOPEFULLY ALL HAVE READ ALL THE CONTENTS BEFORE REPLYING PLEASE. 

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Which country are you banking from? Please let me know, so I can assist further.

munhu
New Contributor
Well said. Windows 10 is the best, that is an opinion which I share. But the world does not share the same sentiment as evidenced by popular choices people make. That is why Windows phone has less than 5% of market share.
As you have taught me that I can get my old app back from somewhere on the windows store. Iam grateful, because this story was not going to be good story for standard bank.

Honesty will be demonstrated by standard bank by giving apps that work not to tease us.

Thank you for taking time to respond to my rants
Ivan53
Occasional Contributor

@munhu wrote:
I had a working windows mobile app on my phone till last week, when I decided to wipe it. Only to realize that standard bank had gone back to stone age. Remove a working app and replaced it with a non working one.

I will not enter ANY ARGUMENT around OS systems, to me the Windows 10 Mobile OS will be the best in my view. I was informed by the bank that they are in the process of removing the present app (Blue Tab Icon) from the Windows Phone Store. 

Your knowledge of this OS on a phone is limited as you do not know that the Old App (Orange Tab Icon) can be downloaded from your "My Library" menu on the Windows Phone Store. 

So you can revert back to your OLD APP!!!!!

We the story here in ALL HONESTY. 😀

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Thank you for raising this matter with me, I have escalated your query to our technical team. I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

munhu
New Contributor
I wish Standard Bank was honest. What you have stated is the obvious. 150 years of moving backwards. It is not correct to say banks are conservative because only standard bank has a non working app in the store. Take it away, it's that simple. We don't need to waste any more of our time and data on none working apps. Secondly please stop lying on the internet. Apps are there for a reason. Mobile websites are there for a reason. Don't confuse the two. Android also has fully fledged browser. Many people prefer android that is why android has more apps. It's plain simple to tell the truth, you don't need to be diplomatic about windows phone. Only 1% of your users uses it. I know that already. So don't lie. We know.

Iam moaning about this lousy bank failing to remove the nonworking app from the store. In case you didn't as you seem to be copying and pasting, I had a working windows mobile app on my phone till last week, when I decided to wipe it. Only to realize that standard bank had gone back to stone age. Remove a working app and replaced it with a non working one.

Truly moving backwards.
Ivan53
Occasional Contributor

@munhu wrote:
This must be the most backward bank I have seen. We are now in 2017 and this bank cannot remove the useless app from the store and they cannot fix the app. I am not sure I still bank with standard bank

Munhu as previously stated.

• Banks in general are always conservative in progressing by their very nature.
  • This bank has stopped all development with this app.
  • They are looking at a cross platform OS (universal app) for the future, no date/time available.
  • The Windows 10 Mobile by its very nature DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY APPS to function like the unsercure Andriod and more sercure ios, because it has a PROPER BROWSER.
  • Please NOTE Google/Bing are NOT A BROWSERS but a SEARCH ENGINES.
  • The  BROWSERS in common use are Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
  • Good browsers are the most powerful tools on your PC and Phone having the capable of viewing videos online, viewing photos online, managing emails online, listening to music online and managing cloud storage just mention a few.
  • We do not need banking apps if we use Windows 10 Mobile OS.
munhu
New Contributor
This must be the most backward bank I have seen. We are now in 2017 and this bank cannot remove the useless app from the store and they cannot fix the app. I am not sure I still bank with standard bank
Ivan53
Occasional Contributor
Standard Bank DOES NOT Support ANY Windows OS including Windows Phone of any version so this Authorisation DOES NOT exist. The App should be removed from the Store, have tried since 2014 to have this done without success. Now you try please?

The Windows OS or Phone does need this Cr#p it has a built in Html5 Browser, not like the Android Trash that requires Apps for all things to function. Good with with bank.
elsawentzel
Where do I find the authorisation key for windows 10 phone
paukudzie
New Contributor

Thank you.

It does help.

paukudzie
New Contributor

i have just downloaded the app

need help with the download authorisation key

Ivan53
Occasional Contributor
Hi Charmsmit
I have been trying since 2014 and Mr Clint Petersen their digital expert in the CRC of Standard Bank to get answers around the App on Windows Phone OS.

Since then I have found that SB does NOT support the Windows 8.1/10 phone OS. This raises the question - Why not remove it from the Store?- The bank refuses to reply or answer this question.

You do not need their App on this wonderful more secure than the Android Trash. Use the Browser eg. IE or Edge depending on your OS version. The bank has a excellent mobile site that really works well.

Please remember that the Android Trash OS requires Apps to function properly because of the lack of a decent Browser contrary to Windows Phone Browser.

A point of interest, most companies in Europe will not permit a Android OS phone onto their enterprise system due to high security risk, permitting Apple and Windows Only.
Hope this helps.
Ivan53
Occasional Contributor
Hi Charmsmit
I have been trying since 2014 and Mr Clint Petersen their digital expert in the CRC of Standard Bank to get answers around the App on Windows Phone OS.

Since then I have found that SB does NOT support the Windows 8.1/10 phone OS. This raises the question - Why not remove it from the Store?- The bank refuses to reply or answer this question.

You do not need their App on this wonderful more secure than the Android Trash. Use the Browser eg. IE or Edge depending on your OS version. The bank has a excellent mobile site that really works well.

Please remember that the Android Trash OS requires Apps to function properly because of the lack of a decent Browser contrary to Windows Phone Browser.

A point of interest, most companies in Europe will not permit a Android OS phone onto their enterprise system due to high security risk, permitting Apple and Windows Only.
Hope this helps.