Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Solved
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @allister2,

Please be advised that the bank regards the safety and security of our customers as crucial and has a zero tolerance approach to fraud of any nature.  Customers who notice an unauthorised debit order on their accounts are encouraged to contact their bank immediately to reverse the transaction. This can be done at a branch or through the call centre on 0860 123 000. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. Customers who feel that they have been incorrectly debited or charged for a service that they did not subscribe to should also contact the company directly to stop any future debit orders. Customers are also encouraged to lay a criminal complaint with the South African Police Service. In turn, Standard Bank does report any suspicious transactions under strict regulatory guidelines to the relevant authorities.

Regards,

Mandy

allister2

hi there i like to know how can i cancel a debit order that i didnt sign for

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @poem6688

Please be advised that currently the feature to reverse debit orders on the Mobile Banking App hasn't been enabled. You will need to visit your nearest branch in order to be assisted with the reversal.

Regards,

Mandy

poem6688
Is it possible to Reverse money via phone
Vukile
Occasional Visitor

Sending a secure message through the bank online platform was easy and helpful. Why did std bank remove this feature from the new banking site and the app? And, at other banks, one can simply reverse unauthorised debits using a * number # on their cellphone or use the bank's app. Why can't you do the same at std bank? Why?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Blackmamba,

I can understand your frustration on this. Please be advised that you may visit your nearest branch in order for a consultant to validate all active debit orders on your account. Once you've received details of the party debiting your account, you may proceed to cancelling the transaction with the company. Kindly note that Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 to request that an unauthorized debit order be reversed but this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Regards.

Mandy

Blackmamba

Hi, This is so annoying to have this unknown companies debit my account without my authorisation. at somestage i did not have enough funds on my account and they ran this debit orders which they bounced and with penalties of R115. the problem is, this is not one company that does this, I tried to trace and call them with no success. I suggest that the bank introduce a system of onetime password sent to my cell phone number to approve this transaction. I think this will work better for me if this option can be available.

Thanks 

PV
Cindi
Why have an app then when you still basically have to go to a branch for everything? People dont have time to stand in queues for stupid stuff like this. Std Bank - get with the times please.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @masilom,

Please be advised that the feature needed to reverse a transaction using your Mobile Banking App is not available currently. The best possible way to reverse funds will be through your nearest Standard Bank branch or the contact center, available for assistance on: 0860 123 000.

Regards,

Mandy

masilom

How to reverse the over paid credit card account with the standard bank app ?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sihle_mankazana,

Please be advised that you can forward your contact details, account information and ID number to [email protected] in order to grant us an opportunity to investigate this issue and assist with a resolution.

Regards,

Mandy

Sihle_mankazana
Occasional Visitor
I have the same issue. I've been calling your customer service with no response. Can someone get back to me because I cannot go to the branch currently.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Corinne

The alternative way besides visiting your nearest branch is to resolve this via our contact centre: 0860 123 000 to reverse your debit order. Note the option is not currently available on the app hence you will have to contact us for security purposes.

Regards

Boitumelo

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Corinne

The alternative way besides visiting your nearest branch is to resolve this via our contact centre: 0860 123 000 to reverse your debit order. Note the option is not currently available on the app hence you will have to contact us for security purposes.

Regards

Boitumelo

Corinne
I need to reverse a debit order on my account via mobile banking as the quess at my local branch is very long and my lunch very short.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello Tlali,

We currently don't have this feature available on the app. This will form part of our development plan in future, please visit the nearest branch for further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

tlaliqueen3
Occasional Visitor
How to reserve debit order on my phone?
daisyg35
New Contributor
Hi there
it was a secure message from my online banking profile...the old site
daisyg35
New Contributor
Hi. It was a secure message from my online banking profile.
The old site....