Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Solved
Dikapi09

Re: how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Why cant we do it on the app for simplier faster and better? Isnt that your motto? Because most people dont have time and these fraudsters are annoying as theu debit 99 rands please update the app for more efficient use
Sbonga-konke88

I want reverse debit order with my phone
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sbonga-konke88,

Currently the feature to reverse a debit order using the mobile banking app is not enabled.  Please be advised that a debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 to request that an unauthorized debit order be reversed but this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
thobilemzi
Occasional Visitor

Not helping, what happens if you get a notification saying X amount has be paid to X company...
0 Kudos
Jacky1986
New Contributor

I went to the bank to cancel a debit order they said they can't cancel it Unirewards and Arcade Zone.I don't know what it is and if I try to reverse it they just take it again 5 minutes later.Please help!
0 Kudos
Jacky1986
New Contributor

How can I cancel a debit order please

Please help
0 Kudos
Tumibs

How to cancel or reverse debit order with cell phone banking.R141.00

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Tumibs,

The best way to resolve this is through our contact centre as you need to go through security question before we gain access to your account.  Please contact us here: 0860 123 000 for further assistance.

Let us know should you need us to intervene here.

Regards, 

Boitumelo 

0 Kudos
Clinten
New Contributor

I work during the week & don't have any bank close to me. Why can't you assist me online. This is the 2nd time this debit order went off on my account. I want contact details. I do not know how can debit orders go off & the bank do not have details.

I want that debit orders reversed now today

0 Kudos
Clinten
New Contributor

i so agree with you this is the worse bank & regret ever joining such stupid bank.
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Clinten,

Please be advised that a debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 to request that an unauthorized debit order be reversed but this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Zah28

I agree as well it the worse bank

0 Kudos
DaMan

This is total disappointment and incompetency by Standard Bank. Absa,FNB and the New-baby-on-the-block (Capitec), have this service through Online, App and Cellphone platforms. According to an article by  Lorraine Kearney  dated  7 November 2015  ; she said "Standard Bank also says it has plans to enable its customers to reverse unauthorised debit orders via online and mobile channels. My source IOL.CO.ZA

This implies that the bank's planning dates back three years ago and to date it bears no fruits whilst we continue to be frustrated by this unauthorised debits. DISAPPOINTMENT AND INCOMPETENCY.

0 Kudos
Mmatladi

How do I reverse money
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mmatladi,

The best way to resolve this is to visit your nearest branch or contact us here: 0860 123 000.

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
Jazzman
New Contributor

Bona, this Banks are IN with this crooks that’s why they don’t care.
Phone this Capitalits on 0860 111 00 / 0860 101 341
0 Kudos
As2
Occasional Visitor

How to reverse
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @As2,

Please be advised that a debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 to request that an unauthorized

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @As2,

Please be advised that a debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 to request that an unauthorized

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Rangata1974
New Contributor

How to do it on mobile
0 Kudos