Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bitcoin

Dineo_T
Contributor

I've been following bitcoin's (BTC) progress out of fascination more than anything. Last week the price hit $5000 (current ZAR value R59,011.79 = 1 BTC). A lot of people have been asking me about it on twitter - and it's being used as a new 'get-rich-quick' gimmick, so you cna imagine how many people are sinking money into this without understanding what, exactly, they're doing.. People are getting excited however this looks like a masive bubble waiting to pop...

In the meantime, $6000 on the cards? And when will the bubble pop? Are there any BTC traders out there? Would love to get perspective from a BTC trader. 

(Also curious to know how the SARB is planning on handling the regulation of crypto currencies. whatever policy they come up with will be very interesting to see.)

11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor

at this point, all of the above seems likely.

Trick for SARB is how do they regulate, it is the key feature of cryptocurrencies that everythign is anon.

Dineo_T
Contributor

Perhaps it might be worth looking at what Australia/ & Ukraine are doing ito regulating crypto-currency. As for anonymity, that will very likely be a stumbling block. Guess we'll have to see how others get around that particular roadblock.

Bulelani
Occasional Visitor
This is what is happening and they will not tell the truth. If standard bank is leading on Blockchain and agrees that blockchain is the safe place then you must understand that Bitcoin is the safe currency. All the bank they doing something positioning themselves. All the banks of south Africa doing something called project khokha also spring block. All the governments agree that Blockchain the mother of Bitcoin or the backbone of Bitcoin or the core of Bitcoin they all agree its safe then that tells you Bitcoin is the safe currency. Here are the news with standard bank but they wont tell you coz the rand or money is their business if they coment to the public and say bitcoin is the safe currency and the best with lot of freedom and opportunities now the the bank will be like its distroying itself.

https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/technology/standard-bank-gets-serious-about-bitcoin-blockchain...

These financial advisers are pulling our people to the forest coz they know the ways that are safe on investing on Bitcoin which is mining Bitcoin
If they sing blockchain is safe like they do obviously they have done their beat research.
They know know the are opportunities to invest on this safe place called blockchain.

Blockchain is the core of bitcoin which is mde up of 21 companies that can be seen on blockchain charts. These 20 companies are own by most rich people and the other is own by the guy called Russ muldin who only created this company for the public to come and invest.

If these banks know about blockchain and praise blockchain they know the ways of investing they have invested but because these are dirty people who do not care about you only want to make money from so that them remain on the top forever they will not tell to invest up until they have positioned themselves.

Russ muldin made this company called bitclub network for the public to come and invest in bitcoin as the company form a part of blockchain when you invest in the company you buy a bitcoin mining machine this machine will be one of the machines that control bitcoin make safe and process the transactions of bitcoin.

So when you buy this machine you will become you and your family the next master card and visa card coz bitcoin will be processed by these machines you bought of which you can buy as many as you can.
Then as long as bitcoin exists you kids and grand kids will own that machine forever and process bitcoin transactions for your family.

These bank people will not tell you that coz they greedy and they do not like bitcoin coz it here to free the people.

We encourage Africa to do bitcoin so that we lead the world on this revolution so that we dont do Europe things and start doing Africa for Africa.

We also encourage people to mine bitcoin instead of buying or trading

Mining is to buy these machines that make bitcoin work so that you can forever have shares in this world bank called Blockchain

Bitclub network invites the public to come and buy these computers that makes bitcoin work so that we lead as public to this bitcoin so that all the transactions are processed by bitclub network

Buy the gooze that lay golden eggs dont buy eggs for more information on how to be involved

We also warn the public any company that is says ot mines Bitcoin but its not the on blockchain charts run and run very fast for your life dont invest into that company
Coz blockchain is the mother of bitcoin if you mine bitcoin we must see you on the charts
AlexMoore
Contributor

I am fascinated by bitcoin’s progress, too. I’ve been following it for a while now and last week it hit $7000. Crazy, right?

adamroberson
Contributor

I’ve been observing bitcoin’s progress for some time now. Almost three years, if I’m not mistaken. I remember back in 2009 when bitcoin first appeared - what a big fuss it made, everyone was talking about it, making jokes about it.

leospin

I remember, too, when Bitcoin was a mock to everybody and people would say that this will go nowhere and it’s just a waste of time. That’s a long time ago. Now it is taken more seriously but people still don’t know how to use, how to manage it. They get too excited about it. That’s why we need to analyze everything not just from our perspective but from a professional’s view like https://oqex.io (one of my favorite cryptocurrency exchange) and other credible sources. Who knows what will happen in the future. Maybe this bubble won’t pop. Maybe this is not a bubble after all. Just a gold mine waiting to be mined.

Juglooma
Contributor

@leospin Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

tyronelit79
Occasional Visitor

Hi There,

I have been involved with bitcoin since 2016 and made and lost a lot of money...till now. I recently invested 10k with a comnpany called MTI (Mirror trading international which on average gain between 8 - 12% per month without me having to trade myself and the funds are placed in a "cold storage" account so my bitcoin is never actually used to trade with. Instead they use a collatoral agreement to use the total available amount in the cold storage account  to trade forex using highly advanced AI trading software.

To date I have cosistantly earned 10.25% per month on my investment which compounds daily!

If you want to know more I can help and also arrange a zoom call to answer all your questions.

Here to help!

Tyrone

Milelavar

At the moment, it is impossible for the state to control the cryptocurrency. This is far from ordinary money and cryptocurrency does not obey the laws of ordinary money. Also, the states just do not yet know what it is and how to describe it correctly. For example, if there are bitcoins on the company's account, what assets should they be attributed to? It is not clear at the moment. It was really cool to watch the development of bitcoin, but at the moment it has stabilized. But I do not like to use it, as well as other cryptocurrencies from the list of 20 most popular. They can change their course at any time. Usually I use something not very popular. But now it is very difficult to find a decent exchanger that would work with many currencies, as well as at a decent rate. Recently, on the advice of a friend of mine, I have been using https://coinchefs.com/eth/ngn/1/. I am sure that if you try this service, you will definitely like it.

samcolmans
New Contributor

I think that nobody could know when the bubble will pop. I am WOW about the BTC progress. Unfortunately, it can already decrease. I found your answers in a crypto blog. There is a lot of information about the situation related to Bitcoin till now. If you are still interested and your questions are actual, you can navigate through this blog. I am sure that Bitcoin always will be the first on top because it is an excellent currency. I invest in this currency for some time and am pro about BTC. I am here for other news. If something happened, let's speak about it.

samcolmans
New Contributor

Thank you for the information.