Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Agl,I didn't think their results were that bad

cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
Has anyone got some thoughts on Anglo's results,I didn't think it was that bad and Mr. Market seems to disagree with me...as usual?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
They were bad...but not bad enough to make it drop further below its NAV. It is still making a profit. Am I missing something??
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Whats the difference between Anglo and Jeb Corliss? Jebs parachute will open....he hopes.
0 Kudos
yyy
Occasional Contributor
BIL vs AGL The divergence begins back on 15 Dec 2000: AGL Price R111.26 vs today R247.75 an annualised compound return of 7.1% excl Div. BIL Price R28.00 vs today R237.00 an annualised compounded return of 20.2% excl Div. BIL is 8.5times higher vs AGL at 2.2times higher.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
cheap, you may not think they was so bad, but the market does think they was so bad and certainly came in below expectations ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
time for Carrol to go!maybe she can take personal control of that mine in Brazil
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
How much do you think KIO is propping up the AGL share price, if at all?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
20% - the joint biggest contributor along with Platinum. And therein lies AGL's story, platinum in all sorts of strife and KIO with profit warnings. That is also why there is a big divergence between BIL and AGL, Bil has no platinum exposure
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Ja I guess KIOs prices has been a bit jagged the last few months.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and the KIO chief been moved to ANGLO...possibly the next CEO?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well , as a shareholder in AGL, I have decided to dump their shares, if Cynthia does not resign...Hopefully , it will be nationalized before it goes bankrupt!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
as a shareholder you should take more interest in the stocks you own. They generate $2bn in operating profit in 6 months, they have over $11bn in cash - and are a very long way away from even hinting at bankrupcy
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
They're cheaper than they've been in three years, a blue chip at a low PE. After largely ignoring them for years this is when I like to buy, not sell. Personally I'm long AGL and short the market.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Each time it has a little rally the sellers come in and knock it down further.I am still happy with my shorts in agl and ari.
0 Kudos