Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Amount in Rands to be paid for SAB shares

DEP
Super Contributor
I know that the set price per SAB is 45 Pounds, however, when will the R/pound rate per share be calculated. What amount in Rands will be paid per SAB share?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Lionbull
New Contributor
The price when the notice was sent out was R821.93 a share with adjusements to be made on the 13th of October. If the 1M GBPZAR forward rate is used the rate is around R17.59-ish but hopefully it will be around R18. I did a rough average calc at R17.94 a pound so R807.30 a share is what I am estimating but I am hoping for higher
0 Kudos
Lionbull
New Contributor
The price when the notice was sent out was R821.93 a share with adjusements to be made on the 13th of October. If the 1M GBPZAR forward rate is used the rate is around R17.59-ish but hopefully it will be around R18. I did a rough average calc at R17.94 a pound so R807.30 a share is what I am estimating but I am hoping for higher
0 Kudos
Lionbull
New Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Is it just me or is there an echo in here?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Looks like we heading for a worse case scenario here. SABMILLER cash payment could be R778/ per share?!?!?! http://www.bdlive.co.za/business/retail/2016/10/10/pound-crash-hits-sabmiller-investors
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Monday, however, is the day the £74bn transaction will be completed, which means it is Monday’s exchange rate that will determine the rand value paid to South African shareholders. ie. yesterday's rate, so no effect, as I read it.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Pound / Rand all over the place. I want to see what will InBev set the rates of the cash pay out for SA shares holders tomorrow morning!!!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Pound / Rand all over the place. I want to see what will InBev set the rates of the cash pay out for SA shares holders tomorrow morning!!!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos