Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any comments on Telkom.

Not applicable
Is there anybody also long Telkom. It had me scared falling to 32.81 recently but is looking much better now. Can we reach the 39's again soon? Any comments out there.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
I lost a huge amount of money around 5/6 years ago in Telkom and from then I will never trade it again. 30 is strong support. Considering that you been in from R 32, I would hold till around R 38. Everything will go up in this market, just wouldn't have pick TKG because of it being an unfavoured market share.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I had an ADSL line with Telkom that suddenly stopped working. Phoned them, they tell me I must apply for a new line and there is a six months waiting period, not even guaranteed to get back my line by then. It says a lot about where their share price is going: NOWHERE.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
@ Sponono.. You probably spoke to a consultant that was either really lazy or was having a really bad day. that doesnt mean its a bad share lol!.. Try calling them again! About the share, i personally just got into alot of TKG for short term.. Got in at 3
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
I noticed the JSE has put an "E" (Emphasis of matter ) against their shares , resulting from the opinion of the auditors.I believe TKG's management have scr-wed up badly in many areas with huge write off's, and legal case settlements.Would'nt touch it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Telkom will probably go to R 38 and no further anytime soon. The price will go nowhere. The company has a long way to go. They completely missed the boat with the ADSL price drops recently and imo that was a market segment growing at massive rates that they should have focused on tapping into. Why must people have a Telkom line to get an ADSL line? What a lot ok sheeeet! They so lucky that they are the only suppliers with ADSL lines. The other competitors will find a way around that soon. Telkom is doomed...They act 10000000000% too slow for the fast past changing consumer needs!
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
TKG are going to rollout wireless Broadband soon , using the MTN network to roam on. They have called me for an interview with regards to their new data mobile offering they intend to launch soon
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
have been watching this one since 8 ta was launched. have also asked a few people whether they will consider moving to 8 ta and all the responses were NO. seems the only way for Telkom is to join the dodo and the kwagga.
0 Kudos