Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Banks-How long will they be down?

platsak
Super Contributor
Have they seen the worst. Have a rate increase(s) already been priced into the share prices. Anyone still holding any? (except me)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
I have been shorting Absa since last month.was in at around 107. I think end of june the banks will bottom...give it a week after they announce interest rate.then is going to recover slowly but surely.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Trouble non-performing loans which went up 52% last year are likely to increase even further if interest rates rise,only when there no more increases will a semblance of normality return.No one knows when that is going to happen!
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Tend to agree, they will bottom around July/August, then make a slow recovery although with our current rolling violence this may change if more people lose confidence in the country
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
financials are still in a rot , sell out buy gold. Gold on the up. More sub prime write downs expected in the US for next year at least so this means stay away from banks and reatilers for at least the next 6 months.
0 Kudos