Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dow 9600

kwagga
Super Contributor
Here we come....
0 Kudos
72 REPLIES 72
Not applicable
Ja - at least now the markets are moving - looks like south.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Me thought I was the only one bear on this market my pain is very less now but I wish I was more patient and more greedy I closed AMS short at 710 I can no longer call myself a surf rat ( just rat now , only rat )
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think the fact that AMS couldn't even reach the 780's levels again should have been a sign. But hey in this game sometime we can't help to not be patient rat. I'm struggling with MTN - it just don't want to give in over the past week or two, but now if it falls it's gonna fall hard! One of the strongest stocks at the moment or not.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Bru I was short at 729 then bought at 710 so made a profit of 19 per cfd I thought old elliot wave would show another toffee on my system and bounce so I had two short positions sol and ams and to manage risk of bounce closed ams kept sol open the charts said sol should fall big time , what happens ams falls off the cliff and sol holds to test my patience so now its me and sol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
good luck. I think everything will go down now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Almost decided to fill up on my long term MF portfolio 2 days ago. Thanx heavens I decided to wait out the death cross.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think it's a bit too early to call 9600....The Dow is only under 106 by 2% :)
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
Any ideas why AMS is falling off the cliff?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dow green today? Just mmmmaybe ? or mmmmaybe noooooot
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
Depends on the jobless claim, think its going to go south.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah looks like it hey... Next support at 101 ?
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
DOW 15000 here we come man!!!
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Yes leminus its called big guys taking small guys money theory .The key now is to not try and catch the falling Knife
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
Maybe this is just another buying Opportunity, there is lots of value around
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stephan MTN is in a bit of a pull back for now... looks like a buy at 109 if that doesn't hold then look out for 105 - good buying opportunity imo. As I speak the ALSI is pulling off a nice recovery and we green for the day and above 24300. Maybe suspecting a DOW bounce on 10300 ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I exited my short at 113,50 - i agree, i'll wait for the 105 levels - if we get there/ near there. Are you in on the next move up after this pullback?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Snap1 - The best i can hope for is a quick bounce back to line up a few shorts - My opinion, i think after that there's a larger correction in place for the markets.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
I am also out of sol waiting for a bounce and me will short some more we completed the first 5 phase of the elliot A pull back on me hour chart which says we should bounce "The dead cat shall bounce" stay away from "falling Knife " from the rat believe it or not.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Soooooo.... the Dow held above 10,300. Green today... Back up to 24900 ?
0 Kudos