Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

EasyTrader vs Price Streamer

webster_1
Frequent Contributor
I can understand that ET is still in beta, but if it loads as slow as it does with no real other advantages over PS I cannot see how we could be charged more - or even be charged at all. I am really not seeing any added advantage / functionality over PS. And in my opinion PS is the better product - unfortunately it does not function properly (for many of us). And I wonder who is going to hold accountable with probable failure - or is the buck going to passed around to the developers again
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
divz
Super Contributor
As i understand it the PS vendor is withdrawing the product so OST has no option to replace but yes agree i preferred PS over ET and am not convinced much will change before month end to convince me to register with ET. Currently looking at signing up with Ideal cfd's and will keep one eye on developments with ET.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
As i understand it the PS vendor is withdrawing the product so OST has no option to replace but yes agree i preferred PS over ET and am not convinced much will change before month end to convince me to register with ET. Currently looking at signing up with Ideal cfd's and will keep one eye on developments with ET.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ET is not an enhancement over PS, merely a replacement .. enhancements will be rolled out over the course of 2010 ..
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yeah dont like the functionality of easy trader, but as they say careful what you wish for. wont be signing up for easy trader.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
I think OST should provide for a longer 'free' beta period. I would want to take a month 'out of beta' to see if ET is going to cut the mustard...Was a bit surprised to see 1 April as the sign-up date. Simon in my opinion you will probable end up with less paying clients for ET than for PS.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is about a service, not income .. we only charge the client what the JSE charges us ..
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Ok understand thanks. Do OST have any say in functionality or do you get it 'as is'? I was under the impression ET is an OST proprietary product ito functionality / bells & whistles. I understand the JSE to provide the core streaming service, but who owns the specific application to the end-user seeing that the 'product' is distributed via OST. Surely it is OST - or are you providing this 'voetstoots' with no responsibility ito support / end-user communication. This is how I perceived and experienced the PS era - and I am seeing the same model being applied here. Concerning if it is...ET should be an opportunity to add real value to clients, but for whatever reason OST is not really interested.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
JSE provides data at cost, which we pass onto client .. ET is our product we are building, this being v1.0 .. PS was an outside vendors product whhich we had zero control over, either interms of functions or reliability ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
If ET simply replaces PS it is hopelessly outgunned in terms of price and performance by the free charts reeceived on Ideal and IG Index.If you want advanced trading platform stop wasting your time asking Simon to work miracles overnight....the solution already exists and it is excellent and free.....just type a different address into your web browser.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Ninja - I actually do care about my investment(s) here and have no intention going anywhere else. Maybe there are other users that will get their questions answered and dialog can only benefit OST (and some prospective ET clients). Stop reading posts if it does not interest you mate...
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Webster, I never intended to cause you or anyone else here any offense, if I have I retract my statement. All the best with your investments, I am simply pointing out what appears to be the obvious. Remember, the trader is always king, not OST, and if you want comms from the trader you better be sharper than your competition....or else you get a forum like this where a number of key traders are expressing serious concern....I know I am not alone. Either way I will not comment on this again as I trade elsewhere and do not care for this inane debate - good luck - may the trend always be with you.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
webster you can still do your trading on OST but if you unhappy about ET for live feed use another platform.Makes no difference you currently have to open OST to trade and PS a seperate page just replace PS/ET with something better until they have sorted all their teething problems.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion
0 Kudos
Not applicable
market master xec programme by prime charts came out with the same thing as easy trader.it comes with the downnload.you get data coming in every 5 minutes.
0 Kudos