Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Eish!!

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Read the Sens - What the . . .!!!!
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
asylum
Super Contributor
yeah and share price jumps 2.7 % dont see why.
0 Kudos
KJR
Frequent Contributor
And KIO rockets by more than 4%
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i suppose everyone thinks that KIO may become the new supplier, but what about BIL, markets are strange indeed
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I guess it will be "sell on the fact" time soon.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
and KIO rockets 7%.
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
asylum SIO owned by Kumba & Exxaro. Profits were capped by the + 3%. KIO did very well in 2009 when ACL cut back and most production was exported
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
ah ok that makes sense thanks for the info.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
SIO will not get away with canceling the agreement. (KIO own 74% of SIO)
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
thats the worry, but its buy on the news sell on the fact seems to apply here, dont know all the legalities here but it seems mittal are going to enforce the agrreement.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yes, for sure ACL will enforce, its big bucks. When is the agreement to expire?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
any views on what the share price is expected to do if the agreement expires. have some of my life savings in this share. worried about hughe losses as thats 18 yrs worth on savings
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
DR don't worry too much, I don't think SIO will be able to get out of this one for now. Eish, what % of you portfolio is in ACL?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
ACL has been very sloppy by the looks of things. She failed to renew her old order minig rights and convert to new order as required. As such, she may have no standing in terms of the contract. And that is that folks. (I assume she will source another supply. But in the meantime, there should be quite a buying opportunity brewing in ACL. Or perhaps trade HVL as a potential beneficiary of the situation {being the only other steel play on the JSE.}
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
If the agreement ends up negative does anyone have any idea how low ACL share price could drop on Wednesday when the share resumes trading ?
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
If the agreement ends up negative does anyone have any idea how low ACL share price could drop on Wednesday when the share resumes trading ?
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Exxarro also up more than 6% . Time to buy more Exx and KIO and short ACL?
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Got 2 ssf positions open on ACL, what could the extent of the drop be, will need alot of cover to hold on?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
really worried.. could not sleep the last night worrying about my life savings and the impact the share price drop will have. I really hope they sort this one out. Cannot afford to loose 18 years worth of savings. I punted a few shared, ACL, SOL and AGL. Biggest portions in ACL.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Once trading resumes, I wouldn't be surprised if ACL went up or continued to trade within range.
0 Kudos