Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Going Up

carrot
Occasional Contributor
With the Copper in China looks like this puppy is poised to do its thing again...
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
How high can it run? Any educated guesses
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In all honesty you looking at about 5 to 520. If it breaks 530 then upside to 580 and then 6 to 650 expected but right now to far out unless you holding longer term. Expect corrections though.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what about their hedge at 3900 ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I guess thats why the upside is limited to about 5 odd???
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
IS IT LATE TO GET IN?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sorry, can't hear you .. can you shout louder, or maybe bash the keys harder as you type ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hedging post July is now US$6000pt so hedging not an issue. What is an issue, that everyone seems to be overlooking is the rights issue. If you buy Metorex now, you are going to have to put more money in later -period!
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
Please elaborate on your statement..... Copper is on the up and they are predicting going even higher... TA looks good.... Chile .... is going to reduce its supply equates to higher price based on increasing demand from China and India...
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Never mind that China is reporting phenomenal growth even tho their exports have dropped by 25%. Is the china rally sustainable? Personally I believe its overheat(ing)(ed) but then again it took the subprime mess ages to implode. Bottom line, people read too much into china
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
AGL's chilean copper mines already back up to speed ..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
MTX's price surge way overdone - many issues still face the company, most importantly making profits.This share has wild swings,and no doubt will retrace to R3.50 levels again.OMO.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
This one is going to recover back to the 2000 level, but the actual fact is that they will have to show seriously consistent huge profits before that happens, which I do believe they can do with no unforeseen incidents (Zambia being a volitile place), when is the big question. Could trade flat for a few months or years but when the big players come back its going to run, so I am keeping an eye on this one. Of course you can trade it but its risky at these levels. A similar one is SPG, huge debt, sold off non profit ventures and also had rights issued, which people responed to very well. I think this one is going to recover sooner than MTX. Any views w.r.t. that? All that I know is that they are offering good growth, the wise and patient will get this one. MA should be a good tool for these.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I agree. Every man and his dog have been speculating on resources in China. You have farmers stockpiling metals instead of farming. That is unlikely to end well.
0 Kudos