Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Greece - Red or Black

3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Anyone brave enough to go short or long this weekend before the election on Sunday? More potential to gap to the downside than up.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Tenor
Contributor
Talks between Central Banks looking positive. Almost pre empting Bad News
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
Talks between Central Banks looking positive. Almost pre empting Bad News
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Bad news is making people think authorities will be forced to act positively and so resue situation. World desperate for re-assurance. Predict 500 points down if news bad and 100 points up if news good.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
there will be a gap and we will trade the gap when it gaps
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
That's probably pretty close - mostly good news priced in, so a bit more risk to downside. Although, it's a long way to Greece being kicked out. Even if Syriza gets some level of power they'd probably just use it to negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Greeks are freaking out - they don't want to leave Euro, so a pro bail out parties should get enough votes to form a Government. There will be a short relieved rally come Monday morning. Short live because Greece will still be leaving Euro zone this year but in a more organise way (Euro zone want to make example of non compliant countries) - bottom line Greece has hardly complied with requirements. Next thing to watch - Spain & Italy. I wont go short or long on the ALSI over the weekend but holding on to my Golds.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... just to add. I do not believe Central banks will move as far as markets expect - unless there is Financial Armageddon on Monday. I thing Fed will only move around Sept (they will wait for things to get worse before jumping _ FED wants to be seen as the Saviour - and no what they truly are).
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Spain just downgraded to BB-
0 Kudos