Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Hand held Devices

Not applicable
What hand held devices would you recommend to view ones OST portfolio, monitor shares and execute trades.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I dont know which is the best, my BlackBerry works well, only issue similar to what Dixie mentioned that the menu is a bit messed up on Opera Mini, but still useable and for me this works fine. I guess the bigger the screen the more you fit in, so maybe an iPhone or BlackBerry Storm 2. my favourate smartphones are the BB and iPhone.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
any high end mobile should do. But you need to use the Opera mini browser
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
since the upgrade last month safari now works .. an so many mobile browsers shouuld work .. but I haven't tried ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I will try my BB Bold 9000 using the BB browser this evening. maybe it does something. will let you know... Its cool that the site supports Safari now because the guys that will be buying iPads could use it then to research and trade on... that would be cool. i will test that whenever i manage to get my iPad from the iStore - if they ever want to launch it globally - haha...
0 Kudos
mr_p_
Contributor
Opera Mobile is better than Opera Mini if your phone can run it. I've just switched from mini to mobile on a Nokia E71 and mobile shows most websites better than mini. No problems with menus and complex formatting like there are in mini. OST runs fine in it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Since the upgrades by OST the blackberry browser works fine
0 Kudos