Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investic Ltd

Not applicable
Hey I am new to the trading scene and I was advised to buy Investec Ltd shares, i was wondering if there was anyone here with a little experience and knowledge of the market who could give me some advice as to whether to buy INVLTD or not at the moment? I am quite skeptical at the moment, but would like to put some money in the market and do you think that Investec would be a good share in the long run?it is at his current 24 month low R55.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Sorry Investec* Ltd, and its just above its 24 month low of R50
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Buy it only if you're prepared to go away for a a few years (2-4)and then come back. In other words close your Sbk account go to a broker that will not charge you a monthly fee, buy the goods, and phone them back in a few years to reap your reward. There won't be a quick buck to be made on INL any time soon. omo
0 Kudos
goodcall
New Contributor
Investec is a buy for me
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
In 2-3 years you should be smiling.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
bos, dont know if it will take as long as 2-3 yrs but it certainly not going to do anything in the next couple of months there are better oppurtunities for the short term
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and those would be?
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Thoose would Exx and MMH or GBG
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
the construction sector for 1 would be a better bet MUR, PPC also like BAW i think any of these would give an earlier return than investec.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for all the replies guy!im only a student so not investing great deals of money but just learning the ropes!! appreciate all the replies guys!!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
divz the constuction sector may or may not give you an earlier return than Investec but keep this in mind: "It is not timing the market, but time in the market that counts." Trying to time the market in the short term CONSISTANTLY is extremely difficult.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If you want to buy this share have a look at some of the instalments, very cheap capital outlay relative to div yield. But watch out for interest rates.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Bosliks if you want to invest for the long term consider buying the underlying shares but if you decide to trade (short term) with installments then keep in mind that installments are geared instruments.Also don't forget about the tax implications between long term investing and short term trading.ie. CGT and income tax.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is that Investec- read noseweek!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
As per LJ read the June issue of Nose Week. This Coy seems to be very thin on ethics and big on cover ups!! Striker
0 Kudos