Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN

Preston
Super Contributor
MTN is looking really juicy!!!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
Looking juicy? hmmmmm,........
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Trading aside - what is the long term outlook here. Not great I would venure...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exactly 8ta is going to take all their customers away dum dum ta taaa...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exactly 8ta is going to take all their customers away dum dum ta taaa...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, my view on MTN is as follows - there is a price war across Africa - thanks to Airtel, so margins are going to be under severe pressure. They have lost their tax haven status in Nigeria, but to be honest, I don't really know what this means to them - and by now should be reflected in the numbers. Middle east still has good growth prospects, I hope - and then there is RSA, where the interconnect battle rages on. MTN is a mature company, in a mature market. It has now become a pure dividend play, IMHO, strengthened by the fact that they have adjusted their div policy upwards. So ride it for the dividends, and wait for it to get bought out - because I think that is the inevitable future of MTN.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Take the short term profit. Wait for PE Ratio to fall by 1% from current level and then buy the mtn equities.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Barring any negativity on the dow i can see this share hitting the R150 mark soon.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
MTN is looking really juicy!!!
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Maybe I should take a bite??
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Maybe I should take a bite??