Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Metorex

Not applicable
Anyone else think we might be seeing a parabolic uptrend in this share? Only sad thing is I bought mt MTX at 370 on my FNB account which doesn't offer a stop loss... you live and learn...
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
suki
Super Contributor
Skaapstjop once said "I have started a new format for keeping track of my notes on stocks. Started experimenting with Metorex first in a wiki. Hopefully, I can get you all to contribute, or add your own thoughts. The link is www.ciforum.wikia.com. You will find a link to my Metorex article from the home page. In it, you will find a link to a google spreadsheet in which I have calculated Metorex' production forecasts, hedge structure, estimated costs and revenue projections." for more follow his link.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
No, I don't believe we'll be seeing a parabolic uptrend on this share. It is seriously overbought and had hit resistance at current levels.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
I am quite bullish on this particular share. The copper price is expected to reach test new highs in 2012 due short supply of copper
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
.A better copper play right now must be PAM. Due to a SENS announcement regarding a supply train derailment,the stock has been hammered.D/Y is very good,must be a buy - Barry what say you ?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Suki - you sound a bit like the old Patrick - I wonder what happened to him. He planned, forecasted and followed MTX for a while about 2 or 3 years ago. It's my Jack and Jill stock. Have had it all the way up, and now all the way down.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
other name start with P but definately not Patrick. i am only watching it like some other stocks.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Another superb indirect copper play that is starting to stir is SOH - rolling 12-month forward PE is below 4x and trading at >50% discount to nav at 200cps - should pay a 10cps divi in March...check out the graph.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
what a leap today. any particular reason?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see someone accessed my wiki. I kind of lost steam - but will probably update. With regards to MTX, the issue for me is their life of mine. Their current assets are only good for 7 years or so, of which at least half of their cash will be chewed up by debt repayments. The catalyst for this share will be when they can announce how they are going to develop their other assets. still, it was a nice trade for anyone who took it - one of my favourite setups, a breakout of consolidation. (I didn't take the trade, unfortunately!).
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Just cheap with lots of recovery potential - SOH earned 97cps in 2007 with the previous spike in the copper price. Strong operational and financial management.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Heavily reliant on the construction industry. Looks like a good company with solid products, but where is the growth gonna come from ?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Well, the wire manufacturing operation increased interim turnover by 34% owing to the improved Rand copper price. Operating leverage, tight cost control and financial degearing did the rest. Cabling volumes will recover as the economic upturn gains traction which will also benefit the lighting business. The share is priced as if no recovery is expected anytime soon or a very marginal one at best. Low interest rates will eventually stimulate increased private sector fixed investment. Investing is for optimists - I am in year 1 of a 3-year view on this one with a 600cps target price.
0 Kudos