Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My charts can't load, what could be the problem?

Sandile84
Occasional Contributor
Hey Everyone I've been trading CFDs through this website for about a year now and I've never had problems loading interactive charts until a week ago. When I click to open up a chart, a message pops up saying: "Application Block by Security Settings Name: pmchart From: https:securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/sp/.../ You security settings have blocked an application from running with an insecure or expired jre." I use Avast anti-virus and have been for a while. I don't recall making changes to its security settings to warrant the standard bank website failing to load charts. I've already called and sent emails to SBG Securities, I am just hoping that someone here might shed some light as to what the problem might be and how I can fix it. Regards
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Vano
Regular Contributor
Have you perhaps changed your internet browser security settings?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
had the same problem,go to control panel-safety and security-action centre then turn off everything,swith off your computer then on again...try loading the graph again..if its fine go back to control panel again and set everything default again for security reasons.
0 Kudos
ingwe
New Contributor
Also had this problem - found out my Java had not updated so did this manually and all was good.
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Hi Java update resolved the problem for me too. Did get a prompt (warning)asking whether I wanted to run the application - replied OK and then graphds loaded.
0 Kudos