Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

NPN Pathuma BEE shares

Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
These shares will be trading OTC from Thursday. Fair Value per share is estimated @ 125. Net Asset Value is 178. The fair value reflects a 30% discount on the net asset value due to restrictions applying to these shares. JP Morgan places a 132 value on these shares.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
kicc
Frequent Contributor
we are all waiting with brated breath for the opening price - but i am concerned that because it is a unlisted share - there may not be many buyers which would mean that price may drop well below the valuations provided by the brokers.
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
are you'll selling or holding ?
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
if the price is more than 100 rand then im selling but if below that then will hold onto it - to me the key will be whether fund managers and BEE instituions - if they are prepared to buy this share then we can get a price close to r100 but if only individual investors - then not sure of price levels.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Nope , still gonna hold for 5 more years. Reasons - 1.) wait for the debt levels of BEE loan to reduced , as this happens the share becomes more valuable 2) Tencent in China is refocused on ecommerce in China , the results and rewards for this expansion will rewarded in 5 years time. 3) The Ecommerce portal in South Amreirca/India/Russia (Mailru) are also showing good promise and I expect continued growth in these ventures. 4.) I will be looking to add to my NPN BEE portfolio by picking up bargains when people "rush" to sell on the 8th
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
I will probably hold onto these and see what happens to the price... there's a massive discount to the MCSA share price. I think over time this gap will close.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Does it have an affect on the NPN share price? I don't understand why Naspers is not recovering.
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
But the share has nothing to do with Tencent and other investments overseas - it is solely based on Multi-Choice South Africa which is very much the DSTV based business. whilst i agree on the debt issue but not related to the NPN investment in the internet businessess across the world.
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
i placed an order to sell at 132,lets see if it sells,lol
0 Kudos
babz
Contributor
Well, well it opened at R10.00 per share
0 Kudos
babz
Contributor
0 Kudos
babz
Contributor
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
now trading at R41 - but on thin volume - where are the instituional buyers?
0 Kudos
buyme
Contributor
hi guys,ami right that only black investors are allowed to trade in these shares? sorry for the stupid question.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO TRADE? •For existing shareholders, you need to first verify your status to be able to buy or sell shares. •If you are not a shareholder, you need to register first before you are able to buy shares. •Verification and registration started in November 2011 and can be conducted directly through the internet or via the telephone. ◦Certain FICA and BEE documentation may be required. These include; ◦Certified copy of South African ID Document ◦Bank statement not older than 3 months (not internet statement); or ◦Signed and stamped letter from your bank confirming banking details ◦Proof of residence •You also need to sign terms and conditions •A trading account will then be opened
0 Kudos
duban
Occasional Contributor
Could someone please let me know where to register on the net? and the Phutuma Nathi trading site/platform? Many thanks.
0 Kudos
duban
Occasional Contributor
Could someone please let me know where to register on the net? and the Phutuma Nathi trading site/platform? Many thanks.
0 Kudos
duban
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
damn volatile. from 10 to 50 and now at 20. glad to have exited in the 30s. still think multichoice is a good business (really love my football on SS).
0 Kudos