Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

NPN --- Share price over 400 hundred bucks

Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
NPN has broken the 400 hundred rand level. I surpose it to do with the valuation of the possible Groupon IPO which DST is a shareholder off as well as a possible partnership of Tencent and Groupon.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Rams
Super Contributor
When was the valuation and when did the price break. The institutional guys would have known this in September at the 300 price level.The reason for todays 400 price action probably because of something we will know about in 3 months time? My point? Give us news that will help with tommorows price action.....impossible because we can only buy the share , not the information that the big guys can pay for.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes RAMS I think you summed it up quite nicely. However NPn is a good share to have ... poor divs though, only 0.6%
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
I think , it would be to risky to short NPN at this moment in time. Reasons:- 1. Groupon to partner with Tencent in China in a Joint venture 50/50 for ecommerce. 2. Groupon to list with a market cap of 15 bill USD. NAspers owns a indirect stake in Groupon via DST international and Mail.ru. 3. Facebook to launch an IPO valuing Fbook at 50 Billion USD. DST facebook stake is at around 10%. 4. Tencent to grow its business in China as more people in China get access to web on a daily bsasis. 5. Massive momentum in top quality Web based valuations. My prediction is that NPN would be a top 5 JSE company based on market capitilisation in 3 years time and a possible top 3 JSE listed compnay in 5 years.
0 Kudos