Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

NPN --- Tencent

richardw
Super Contributor
Yeah, and Tencent PE is 51!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, yes, I agree that a growth stock strategy is needed here, not my style so I can't comment. Except that I can't help thinking that a growth stock investor - who is picking up at these levels will need to have a pretty solid exit strategy - and I am not talking trading here, I am talking about those long term investors who want to hold on for 5 years or so. Of the 3 scenarios that could play out (continued price run, stagnation or downturn) anyone taking a punt now is betting on a price run, or at least doesn't want to miss out. So the question I ask a would be investor is, what are you going to do with the other two scenarios. A value investor would ride it out - knowing that he or she is still going to get dividends, and their capital is adequately protected. A growth stock momentum investor?
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Can't wait for Google to leave China. This will also benefit Tencent. Chinese web advertises will than be forced to advertise with Tencent or Baidu. I know that Tencent also has already started working on a search engine and this could be search ready soon. Google leaving China will have a positive impact on the Tencent and Baidu share prices.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
They have. Google is running from HK and China is using the Great Firewall to filter their results, so whatever benefit is already priced in.
0 Kudos