Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Profile Media Consensus v/s Credit Suisse Standard Securities - DDT

Pots
Contributor
PMC recommends selling DDT while CSSS recommends buying. What's the experienced (forum) traders comments.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
so now that you are totally confused and scratching your head...

SEP= Someone Elses Predictions vs MYD=Mind Your Dollars

and EEE=Everyone Elses Expectations vs DFY=Decide For Yourself

This is one of those where it is a gem in some portfolios and a complete bust in others.....IMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
profile is broker consensus, so the general view of many brokers .. CSSS is one research house with a single view ..
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
In my opinion these brokers must keep their opinions to themselves unless they are prepared to face a firing squad if they prove to be wrong. FULSTOP.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
now that is the dummest comment i have heard in a long time. A broker's comment is valuable stuff, and the media consensus would be pretty useful too, if it was up-to-date. A stock can sit idle for a long time until some brokerage firm decides to rerate. You can't base investment decisions on the PMC, you need the underlying basis for their views. And you can't base trading strategies on it either, but what you can definitely do is base a trading strategy on a change in consensus - as this is often accompanied by increased activity. Plenty of examples to coroborate this - SAB & DDT are cases in point
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Thanks folks - I recon it'll be good to enter at ulp 900c - hope it falls back
0 Kudos