Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Racist Comments on this Forum

BRE
Regular Contributor
Mate, you're threading a thin line, sooner or later someone's going to say white people should have done something about apartheid but didn't. Stop pointing fingers and making like its someone esle's fault. We're all responsible for the way things are because of what we or our parents did or didn't do.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The truth will come out don't worry. The easy way or the hard way. But I'm still waiting from Greg to tell me where to invest on the back of that(earlier comment). Long or short. Can I suggest few short warrants to be issued for DAW please! :) Easy money...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Haha. This thread is becoming funnier every minute.Shows how touchy everyone is on this subject. Funniest of all is almost every comment is valid........Stick to trading guys & gals, leave this stuff 4 the people who get overpaid 4 doing nothing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Boredom seems to be prevailing in the forum - with the late opening and all!!! - stick to the task at hand - The Market. I don't care much for people's personal beliefs or the inability to ignore others. Lets all have the ability to laugh at ourselves and the ability to accept that we are all different ... moving on.
0 Kudos
mosismoke
Contributor
Until we see people of South Africa not their skin colour, competence or incompetence not skin colour, corruption and injustice not skin colour, we will not be able to correct the injustice, corruption and incompetence. And whilst we are all trying to adjust our colour glasses the situation will be getting worse.
0 Kudos
mosismoke
Contributor
Until we see people of South Africa not their skin colour, competence or incompetence not skin colour, corruption and injustice not skin colour, we will not be able to correct the injustice, corruption and incompetence. And whilst we are all trying to adjust our colour glasses the situation will be getting worse.
0 Kudos
mosismoke
Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Mosismoke,you speak in riddles.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
As long as that government official doesn't starts dreaming that your profits are actually his...But I know you are smart and you won't get your self screwed by diversifying overseas! ;)
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
First define racism.....and then we can start by examining the laws now enacted in this country? This, after all is the so-called rainbow nation where we don't discriminate on the basis of sex,colour or creed....and we are free to associate with whomever we we like? I also wonder why the SA govt. keeps on shielding Zanu-PF against western sanctions?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Erm, it was Russia and China that shielded Zim. SA is not a member of the Security Council and does not have veto rights at the UN.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
If u read this u will see that the Malaysian case is similar to ours
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SA is a member of the security council. As per UN's website: The Council is composed of five permanent members - China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States - and ten non-permament members (with year of term's end): Belgium (2008) Indonesia (2008) South Africa (2008) Burkina Faso (2009) Italy (2008) Viet Nam (2009) Costa Rica (2009) Libyan Arab Jamahiriya (2009) Croatia (2009) Panama (2008)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On Friday our government brought dishonour upon our country. The South African permanent representative to the United Nations, Dumisani Khumalo,voted against a resolution in the Security Council which would have placed an arms embargo on Zimbabwe, and which would also have sanctioned thirteen key Zanu-PF figures - all directly responsible for the horrors we have witnessed over the past few months. On Saturday the Department of Foreign Affairs released a statement saying that: South Africa welcomes the decision... not to impose sanctions against Zimbabwe including a travel ban and asset freeze on President Mugabe and other individuals." Despite Kumalo's vote against it, the resolution garnered the nine out of the fifteen votes it needed. It failed to pass after Russia and China vetoed it. This does not exorcise South Africa from moral responsibility. Our government lobbied against the resolution and provided all the excuses those two states needed to vote the way they did. If we had supported the resolution - or remained neutral - it would have passed." -Quoted in "The Zimbabwean" from PoliticsWeb
0 Kudos
mosismoke
Contributor
Russ, I mean people are corrupt not their skin colour, people are incompetent not their skin colour and people are "injust" not their skin colour. We should all be looking at correcting the wrongs instead of trying to ascribe them to skin colour Let's unite against the "ills" that people do not their skin colour.
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
I can't believe that I pay SFM and JSE for this load of c@#p. why is JSE still down?? is it because of Kelvin??
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
ummm, and which way did SA vote and who lead the argument against sanctions???? and pray tell me why the chaos in Zim is considered to be in our national interest?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Now consider the ANC's response if Bob was white...and killing black people...but then the HRC deemed "kill the boer, kill the farmer" not be be racist or hate speech? And what is xenopobia? And through all this, the "great one" did not utter a single word in condemnation!!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
That gets my recognition for Comment of the day! ;)
0 Kudos