Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Retail stocks

sponono
Super Contributor
I was unfortunate to watch Hotstoxx last week and they were very bullish the retail stocks; I then decided there and then to stay away from these things. Got pinched a bit last week by SHP and WHL
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DEP
Super Contributor
Keep buying!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
You must be smiling with your 12% return on SHP
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Keep an eye on gere chart.it is hanging on to a 15 month support line.Also very oversold on daily chart.I would favour a move up from here.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Have you considered that, perhaps this year, sector rotation may take place?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
keep buying the dips?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
perhaps .. perhaps not .. tis all in the price ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Demand vs Supply vs Price = Price Manipulation (imo)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
trying to call the direction of a share is an effort in futility...its all about how you manage the trade after trading...with good risk management, you can afford to be wrong 50% of the time and still be profitable...but we all know this, right?
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Correcto....
0 Kudos
yyy
Occasional Contributor
Foreigners have lost +-15% in this sector ytd, +-8% on the stocks and 7% on the currency. (8.46 vs 9.05)
0 Kudos
Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
I will buy in the dips for the long run... Woollies, Mr Price etc... Good shares to have I reckon..for one day when I'm big
0 Kudos
kels
Contributor
Yes I agree. They are not called cyclical retailers without reason.There are a bunch of SA retailers that are world class operations,well run and used to managing through ups and downs. In the long run they are solid investments in my opinion.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, for long term investments, buy the dips...if you not a fundamental person...use a suitable MA and buy on support..price
0 Kudos