Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAB

Russ
Super Contributor
is looking a bit shaky.I took a little short on it yesterday.
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Preston
Super Contributor
Russ. also shorten MTN and APN
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
thanks,as a rule I would be a bit concerned about shorting any thing oversold or coming off an oversold position,which those two are.I only shorted sab because it was coming off overbought and also broke down from a little side ways channel (support was at 394.20).MTN also seems to be holding just above a little rising support line which I would watch.In addition it bounced off its lateral support at 16300 which is another level to watch. APN also seems to be holding above its rising support line.For these reasons I think it might be a little early to short them,but I will keep an eye on them.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
hey, little fella, how is that "shortening" coming along?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Actually made profit on MTN fall this week. Thought Christmas came early,could believe it. APN re-entered yesterday , currently in the balance although the odd are against me on this one.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
little on...you are confused..small time
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Give credit where credit is due, i called the short on MTN, acknowledge that.(see posting to confirm)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, thats why i said small time....
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I have also got out of my short,at a small profit.It wasn't worth it.in future will only short stocks that are in a downtrend,rather than trying to catch a small pullback.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, find the easy money ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
take note preston
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Profit is profit, tell me that the holy grail is working.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Russ its called risk management: the number 1 rule in trading
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no it is not .. there is hard profit and easy profit .. there is risky profit and lower risk profit .. they very very different ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Agree with your statement Simon, but it is within the "hard profit" that you develop a strategy , where learning takes place and that strategy can help to identify potential future opportunities.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
colour me not convinced .. your bias is showing .. the bias which every human being has that says "the only way to succeed is to work hard" .. tis a lie and the sooner we recognise that the better for all ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I saw it as low risk,but also low reward,so it was rather a pointless exercise,other than getting a kick shorting the "best management team in the country"!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ja , preston, your pal, charty was also a bad trader, shorting whats going up...lets see, "shortening" APN, MTN, SHP..attend all the educational courses on offfer and m ost of all, go to Simons Trade to Trade Well, otherwise u goin to nbe a lost little boy
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Russ, with respect, you are not married to the share and management team.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you got a kick from that ?? you gotta get out more ..
0 Kudos