Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whats the thoughts on HAR

Not applicable
Think lots of resistance at R98, Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
well supported considering recent gains and bullion price
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think up, rand will support it. weakness in rand are HAR's fuel. Have you seen what our SBK gurus say: "However, the risk to our view lies in a disappointing domestic Q1:09 GDP reading (consensus is for -3.9% q/q), which would deepen SA economic recession concerns and weigh on the rand's GDP differentials. In this event, we foresee a move up to R8.43. That said, we remain bullish on the rand and we would advocate buying into such currency weakness." the results were way past that estimate at 6% plus. Rand lost 1.5% to dollar today and has not lost much due to MTN talks. the yankees are still having bacon and eggs once they are full, they will give you a buy signal on the HAR. Dollar is strong due to nukes testing and fear, however that is very short term, until the marines decide to bomb the underground workings. BUT! if that happens, rand will still loose value because our friends are close to India and the talks with MTN will be forgotten a little bit. And then, my friend. HAR will really fly because dollar will gain strength and the rand tumbles and gold will loose a little bit of strength and rebound to above 8000 rand gold. its only short 50 rand gold. HAR is waiting for this pychological break. look at rand gold, it is the only green indicator, except for dollar (short term) on the commodity side of the indicators.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
View 94 as big support as we gapped up there. I feel we are building up to that next big jump to 110 and 115 then pull back to around 105...to then start off big up time and break the previous months highs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Another thing is Gold can break 1000 this time, that happens wow, I don't know what will happen to gold shares...
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
You still riding it, Snap? Some sweaty palms today when around R94...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sold out early morning when I saw gold drop $11 and took max profit. Then climbed atraight back in at just over 94 increasing the portfolio again for the run up in the weeks to come. But them US ppl seem far to upbeat with themselves right now after consumer confidence. WIll this weeken the outlook for tomorrow? Liked the SENS about paying off their UK bond and getting into a stronger position going forward. I think this bodes well for the comming months.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cat - I saw it was 95 this morning, ha had meetings whole afternoon, so I barely followed it till close. I am happy with the close. The market reacted very well to that SENS even though its old news!! Very positive and good for confidence in the company. No I am not selling either way, breaks 94 there is 90 and 88..my target is 115.,, then if possible to buy back low 100s again. I'm up quite a bit so far, still want to hold this for another 2 weeks to a month. The gold run is not over yet, it will test 970 then 1000 again, whether it breaks it this time we will see. An interesting point is we gaining on GFI - About a 10% difference now, compared to almost 20% last week. Good job CPS!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is Harmony going to do with their R1.5 billion cash? :) Talks about buying the Pamodzi mines, but those mines are terrible!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Look at this morning, gold dropped to 940.. Now we are back over 950-this is very positive for a jump now to 970-980, then a drop back to 950... then we test 1000, maybe another pull back then we make 1000 a support and shoot to 1200. Anyway - what happens if I had a stop loss in place this morning!!? Big mess up then, that is why I don't like those stop losses. I am not a gold bug!! Only played with GFI twice before this and chicken sold out, was too volatile for my liking. This is the time, I am very bullish. Already raised all my losses over the past year, now it's time to make the killing!! What are your views?
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
Stop losses are the devil, especially with these gold shares, they tend to move down quite a bit and then the next day it'll hit a major upward run. the Rand should weaken this week after the interest rate cuts whioh will also assist the gold shares. if the Gold price can remain stable and even better increase a little, harmony is gonna rocket ;) wat u think?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
When will it close the gap of 22nd??
0 Kudos
Kompete
Occasional Contributor
Technicals show a coil (symmetrical triangle) pattern formation for most gold shares (ANG, HAR, DRD, GFI, etc. I will wait for a closing price outside of the triangle as the signal for a breakout on the upside, before I go in. DRD is my favourite, but any of the above shares will do :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DRD is only worth while if it breaks 1100, and visits 5500 again, otherwise its going to fondle around the 1000 mark as in the past few years... my opinion.
0 Kudos
Kompete
Occasional Contributor
Anything that gives me a 20% return in a month is worth a look at, and DRD certainly gave me that in the past few weeks. Time to sit back and wait...
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Truly horrible close today!! I'm also still bullish, but we will have to wait and see what pans out. Nothing goes up in a straight line.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HAR downgraded by UBS
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not a few good days at all... come back down to a support today. Gold is so close to breaking 960 resistance, lets see if that happens this PM? Sk***w the Rand!!!GRRR, will have to rely on gold breaking 1000. Look how gold has gone up from 950 to 960 in a straight line, it happens not likely though :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice move since gold broke 960! I'm happy, next resistance is around 102
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos