Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where's Sasol heading?

Not applicable
Any pridictions on Sasol for the next two weeks or so? Are we likely to see it testing the 250 - 260 mark or even lower perhaps?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Down, up, down, up, up down down up down up down up up down. And No
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
That'd make a nice guitar strumming pattern.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
What do the charts say?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Nobody here can tell you :) If they knew, they'd have an aide counting their money while they sipped *****tails. Be especially wary of those that say they can. See above.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
I'll give it a go: Sasol has been trading in a medium-term bull trend that started the 21st of November 2008 and has steadily increased. The trend has been confirmed multiple times with 3 tops and 3 (nearly 4) lows. At the moment, Sasol is testing resistance of this very bull trend (no downwards breakout yet). However, the RSI shows a symmetrical triangle forming with a downwards breakout (bearish). Furthermore, the lower highs on the RSI is indicative of possible trend reversal (i.e. bearish). If Sasol does break out, I am not sure to where it may fall, possibly R267 or even lower. This is what I see in the graphs. Will I put money where my mouth is? No... I will buy more Sasol when it reaches its November lows. (Disclaimer: Just another humble opinion from yet another chart idiot.)
0 Kudos
unknown
Contributor
sasol will test rsistance of 260 then going up
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bad corporate governance equals bad press equals negative sens equals 250 - 260 here we come!!!
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
Ok, the RSI turned out to be correct this time. What are the next levels? From the charts, if support does not hold at these levels (R269), I see R259 and R225 as the next key levels. I doubt R225, but I've learned that doubt (together with fear and greed) is more often wrong then right. What do to the other forumites think? Is R225 possible? ...and if R225 does not hold, where to then?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
With the bad press, I wouldn't be surprized to see R219...
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
If the Arabs dont get early joy from Obama,re Israel then they will use the only weapon the have and Sasol will fly........
0 Kudos