Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

time to take a punt

Not applicable
I rarely take punts in penny stocks, but this is the kind of situation I look for, if I do. A hot sector, a dwindling shareprice (general apathy) and a company that looks to be on the up. This, to me, seems a good time to get in
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Can you perhaps allude more on your research on this one.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
could this turn out to be the next calgroM3(50c to 500c in six months)as they both in the same sector or is it wishfull thinking i do see volumes picking up
0 Kudos
Not applicable
next results due in march 2013 punters normally buy a few months before the event maybe time to nibble before bonding the house for a 100 bagger
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, that is my penny stock strategy - nibble in the middle of announcement cycles - when interest is at its lowest - you can usually pick up stock at the bottom end of the spread. That minimizes downside.
0 Kudos
kokkie
Contributor
What triggered the palace revolt during September with the changing of the guard?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why would a director exercise an option to purchase at 20c a share when he can buy on market at 10c a share?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
coz he ain't gonna get 15million on the open market below 20c ..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
So RBA has no div history, so Director must be buying on back of share price turning. Maybe they signed a big contract.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah, it is an option expiring - usually this means it is a use it or lose it scenario. Still, he must have some faith in the business if he is putting R3m into a significantly higher share price
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Well between Stegmann and Rothmann they bought 7 mill worth since late Sept. Nice to have that cash lying about.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
big volume today is this the start of a take off like calgro
0 Kudos
Not applicable
rising with volume looks bullish director must be buying to average his cost of 20c or maybe instituitions seeing something with purchase of 15 million shares by director
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
institutions don't even know that shares of this size exist ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you will be surprised funds like vunani small caps and coronations dogs potfolios already have rba
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry not coronations but canons dog
0 Kudos