Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

App EAP limit increase unavailable - temporarily

Customers using Standard Bank’s mobile app currently cannot increase their Electronic Account Payment (EAP) limits.

This restriction – imposed as part of our strategy of ensuring customers transact securely – is likely to remain in place for the coming few months.

• You can still decrease your EAP limits at any point, or adjust your ATM withdrawal limits (up or down), from the convenience of the app.
    • EAP limits can still be changed on the new online banking, via the call centre, or in branches.
    • This restriction was implemented in the interests of customer safety.
    • We will let all our customers know once EAP limit increases are again available on the app.

What will you experience?

Customers using Android phones or tablets will see this error messages:

“The service is currently unavailable. Please try again later, while we investigate” (displayed when attempting to increase limits from Account Overview, Manage Cards, Credit Card Account Overview screens)

“Limit could not be updated”  (displayed when attempting to increase limits from the International Payments screen).

Those using iPhones/iPads will see this error message: “This option is temporarily unavailable, please use our new Online Banking Channel or visit your nearest branch to increase your EAP limit.”

Version History
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎28-02-2017 10:36 AM
Updated by:

Contributors
Comments
christinewagena
Visitor

Very inconvenient

Community Coordinator

Hi christinewagena,

I understand your frustration and I apologise for the inconvenience.

clintonschutter
Occasional Visitor

So I've experienced this issue, went online to try and change my limit but under amend accounts nothing shows up. Why?