Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AEG MAKING A SMALL FORTUNE

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Okay is this priced for failure or breakup or is it actually some good assets at fire sale prices- the margin of safety is about noting given the price is about nothing - Okay I lie - it depends on how many you buy if it subsequently folds?     

5 REPLIES 5
prancing_horse
Super Contributor

On Threshold's advice on the old forum,(which I still miss instead of this #^&$) I climbed a few ladders on this one,only CFDs, but did slide down quite a big snake. Keeping a beady eye on it.

@partridge1 wrote:

Okay is this priced for failure or breakup or is it actually some good assets at fire sale prices- the margin of safety is about noting given the price is about nothing - Okay I lie - it depends on how many you buy if it subsequently folds?     

partridge1
Regular Contributor
And you are waiting for...??
prancing_horse
Super Contributor

If you're asking me......no longer waiting of anything on this one. I would be more accurate predicting when Mt Etna is going to erupt next, than calling the bottom on this one, just taking up space on my watchlist at present.

partridge1
Regular Contributor

I suppose the underlying question really is : what is the likely catalyst for change ( either positive or negative- of couse) ?

wino1
Occasional Contributor

Until sector starts improving I think companies will continue to slide. Those who have cash might survive others may almagamate but until government changes don't expect improvement. Some were looking to mining to get some business but Zwane has put a spanner in that works, hasn't he?