Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AVENG NPL

Solved
es21
New Contributor

Hi all

I'm new to online trading and decided to buy a few shares in Aveng NPL, it was really cheap and i thought it would be a good and inexpensive way for me to learn how share trading works. A few days back I've received an Election NIL notice detailing shares for  Take up value of 10c. Currently the share price is only 6c . 

I've tried old faithful (Google) however i could not get an explaination showing me an example of what this means.

What does his mean? 

Hoping someone would be so kind to help this newbie out?

Go to the solution >
3 REPLIES 3
Shi
Solution
Occasional Contributor

In short, NPL shares gives you an option to buy the same amount of actual shares. In this case, if you have X amount of AEGN shares, you can then buy X amount of AEG shares at 10c.

Important to notice, NPL shares expires, and if you don't take up the offer, you loose out. In this case, you will need to sell the NPL shares before it expires.

AEGN expires on Tuesday 26 June (I think). Check AEG's SENS for clarification.

es21
New Contributor

Thanks Shi. 

So in essence if i had 10000 shares and i only choose 5000 shares in the Election I would lose the remaining 5000 after the 26th June 2018 unless sold prior? 

Shi
Occasional Contributor