Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Aspen

ACDC
Occasional Contributor
Is this a so called blue chip stock ? How does it keep falling? Surely there is some pride in it ?
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nothing goes up in a straight line, not even blue chips or proud stocks
kwagga
Super Contributor
It's as blue chip as they come. You'll see that when this market recovers one day. It will be one of the first to move.
geordie1
Super Contributor
over 10 years its had above 1000% return_wish I had been in on that ride.
Russ
Super Contributor
You know what they say: pride comes before a fall.
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I have to say I am very proud to say that I have been holding this one since may 2005! There is a huge level of pride in this company from is shareholders and rightly so. Stephen Saad did a fantastic job and continues to do this!
leoridge
Contributor
Like the Sharks ?
suki
Super Contributor
Werner always holds things for too long. very very long. EOH, CAPITEC, Etc
Werner_1
Super Contributor
WHL is another one i hold for very long... but i wouldnt say "too long" its proving to be worth the wait!
Not applicable
in defence of Werner's long term strategy - the big 4 stocks over the last 10 years (excluding the flash move stocks like SCL and Finbond) - Coronation, EOH, Naspers, Capitec have all been 10 baggers over the last year - and all of them have experienced 20% pullbacks at least once in their respective rises to fame.
Not applicable
eish, that should read 10 baggers over the last 10 years
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks! Yes, and the cool thing is that they're still looking decent! I think more growth coming from them.. one should buy on the dips!
suki
Super Contributor
I am not against your strategies and feel jealous i don't have the discipline to do that.
Werner_1
Super Contributor