Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Capital Appreciation - 1/10 for orignality?

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Gven that the majority of the directors were at their zeniths about 40 years ago is this a business that they understand (  they actually now acquired  a business)  - or is it a rich man's toy - and a source of CGT losses ? 

2 REPLIES 2
SimonPB
Valued Contributor

remember of course that they got free shares, some 250million .. so it all upside for them.

I have two concerns, one I hate buzz words and finech is such a word. Secondly the second act of successful CEOs is average at best. So for now I wait and watch.

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Free shares or not those old Directors have not stopped buying more! Generally if I am served wine by a host  and I don't like it I don't rush out the next day to buy another bottle of the same? 

At this stage the business is embryonic - and I am also aware that these software focussed/ driven businessess probably have a high ratio of fails to success ito their projects

So  what about a diary note for June Next year to see if there is anything moving? ?

I tried to download the investor presentation and got zip for my efforts.   I too  am nervous of second careers ( and one struggles on any front to discover

anyone, anwhere in any discipline who gets it right) - nice conversation starter for a dinner table.. or maybe not.