Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Deck the Halls with ?

partridge
Super Contributor
I am expecting very disappointing sales figures - certainly looking at my local Woolies and asking around - people are not buying "stuff". So I think there will be a nice little opportunity there - this applies mutatis mutandis to the other retailers..
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
you are getting a major retailer at a 14* PE - that is about as cheap as they ever get. Granted they might have a decrease in HEPS, but I doubt it. WHL future is dependent on them weaving their Woolies magic on their Australian assets. Risky, but if anyone can do it, they can.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
agreed, this is a great price for WHL to add to my long-term portfolio
Russ
Super Contributor
I also hold whl. Way oversold on the monthly chart so I am also holding for the long term (that's another way of saying that short term it's been pretty cr*ppy!)
Russ
Super Contributor
Well, I have just added some more.
partridge
Super Contributor
Well as I said a nice little opportunity except that its still too expensive : I think that management are having a wobble - buying in inferior goods - take a look at the comments on Bus Day ( which I personally can echo) - and letting the quality slide - and that on the food side - which is worrying. So I think that a price closer to 60 is where I will start to buy more - as this is going to be a worse quarter than equiv of last year and Uncle Pravin will strike their market's pockets
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
13X HEPS for a food retailer exporting herself to OZ... this has to be one of the few interesting stocks on the JSE at this juncture.
partridge
Super Contributor
Interesting is one thing, value is another.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I don't find shares interesting if they don't offer value! The metrics were intended to establish a rudimentary indication of value.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You've turned a little *****ly lately. Usually a sign that the market has turned on you. If that's the case - you're in good company. The "wrong" shares are gaining and the "right" shares are dropping. Overall - things are drifting sideways and ever so slightly upwards - add the dividends and it could be worse, I suppose. The damn Rand keeps getting stronger (this was always on the cards) but there is too much risk to just dump the hedges and pile back into this crazy country. So - we just have to take the pain.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
p-r-i-c-k-l-y = touchy silly OST censorship.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
T-h-a-n-k-s for that....at least we've signed the week off with a laugh, and thanks to MRP a smile.
Preston
Super Contributor
Whl's, not for me at this stage. Staying out.
Preston
Super Contributor
TA: A convincing break above R70, will be really good for WHL.If I were trading this share (long cfd's), I would trade the range from R62 to R69.95..