Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FSR - Dividend

Solved
Vince
Contributor

Hi all. Am I missing something? Why did Firstrand not pay their dividend yesterday, as pay date was 27th February?

thanks

Go to the solution >
8 REPLIES 8
prancing_horse
Solution
Super Contributor

They pay divs end March early April, we're a month away from them announcing financial results.

Vince
Contributor

Crap, I was actually just waiting for the 27th's dividends to sell FSR. Will I still get dividends then, because I had them on the 27th or do you have to still have the shares by their year end financials?

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they have not declared a dividend nor a LDT date. So if you sell now you do NOT get the dividend
Vince
Contributor

Interim No 25       02/02/2017          21/02/2017        27/02/2017     395.60 ZARc

What is this then?

prancing_horse
Super Contributor
FSR next div will an Interim and will be No 58. Do you really think you were going to collect that size div on a R50 share, for only six months, nogal. Surely the div yield would have told you something was amiss, instead of crapping on me?
Vince
Contributor

Sorry didn't mean you're talking crap!! I might crap for me I wanted to sell after dividends.

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
FSRP : "B" variable non cumulative non redeemable prefs
tmakgalo
Occasional Contributor

Hi,I think that was referring to "Preference shares" and not Ordinary shares.