Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Fee discount

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Fee discount

I run( well that is me flattering myself ) four portfolios on this site - one is for my wife and the other two for myself and a family trust - plus there is a TFIA. Why does OST not offer a discount

for my wife's portfolio monthly charge - the trust recieves one but that is because it is under my name. You'd a thought there would be some kind of family deal for a couple?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Blik2
Contributor

Re: Fee discount

Just a thought, and am not sure if this would work for you - but why not run them as separate accounts under your main account, so you only pay your one "main" fee?  I have my main "investment" account, a second "trading" account, a TFIA for myself and then two TFIAs for my two daughters.  But all under my main account login.  I pay R99.00 a month for my main account and then I only pay an additional R 10.00 each for my two daughters TFIAs.  Although agree in principle - why not offer incentive to have more accounts....

0 Kudos
Blik2
Contributor

....although, come to think of it - maybe the R10.00 is only a TFIA discount.  And surely there is something to do with having an Investment / Trading account linked back to an Actual Bank Account / FICA etc....???

Although - upon querying this around our office, some wit gave an his answer as "the reason why Standard Bank dont do this, is because it would then be Simpler, Better, Faster"....lol

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Jaah its is TFIA discount...

0 Kudos