Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is now the time to buy SA inc again?

Werner_1
Super Contributor

Hi Guys,

The climate in South Africa as well as the economic outlook has improved slightly. Do you think this is the time to start a long term acquisition on SA inc? I know that Ramaphosa has a lot of work ahead, lots to prove, lots to clean up and lots of inspiring to do so that the collective people of this nation helps build a better future for us all. But everything starts somewhere. Perhaps this is the time to start buying shares in companies that will benefit over the time. Whats your thoughts and what shares do you think will be the best to look into.

I believe we need to focus on the shares that are in industries that he spoke about. e.g. EOH is a tech services company and he put emphasis on this industry in the SONA speech, yesterday EOH went up 15% and its quite clear the perceptions and sentiment on the share has improved somewhat over the past while. I believe this will stage a recovery and then we should get in early.

Other sectors that he spoke of was Mining and Manufacturing, I am not an expert on these and would like to invite you guys to contribute your thoughts on these ideas, other sectors and what could be a good ideas for the future.

Together this country can get out of the hole we are in and move to prosperity, I believe now we have the president that wants to achieve this, wants to motivate and inspire and has an all-round positive feeling.

3 REPLIES 3
partridge1
Regular Contributor

Well there is a lot of overpriced stuff out there to my way of thinking. But US inflation = interest rate increases =gold = low cost producers. I hate the stuff but busses do ply the route on occassion and once every now and again something like in Alice's story screams drink me. 

Preston
Super Contributor

Waiting to buy bucket loads of Whl at R50...

partridge1
Regular Contributor

And of course Shoprite (who will move upmarket ) will not be eating their lunch?  So maybe R40.00 is where you will buy them?