Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN

BullsnBears
Contributor
A joke of a company. Poor service, declining market and dishonest management. Can't trust anything coming out of the mouths of these guys. Glad I sold out of this shady company last year. http://www.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb-opinion/mtns-not-so-little-reputation-nightmare/
41 REPLIES 41
Russ
Super Contributor
It's back on that support line again. Probably a short term buy.
Preston
Super Contributor
Russ, i was busy accumulating equity shares at R121 as well as Cfd's.
Hali
Super Contributor
If it breaks R122 and closes below, we going to retest 2016 lows
Preston
Super Contributor
Russ, i was busy accumulating equity shares at R121 as well as Cfd's.
Russ
Super Contributor
Well, that support line has held about 6 times. The idea behind trading is that patterns repeat themselves, until they don't!(and when they don't you have an exit strategy in place). It is also overbought on the daily chart, so seems a low risk area to buy.
suki
Super Contributor
shorterm loading too.
Russ
Super Contributor
oversold
Russ
Super Contributor
Good move Preston, with a bit of luck it might start working its way back up to the R150 level again!
Hali
Super Contributor
VOD market cap now exceeds that of MTN..
BullsnBears
Contributor
As well it should. MTN is in decline and current management certainly can't turn it around.
Hali
Super Contributor
Mtn share price effectively discounts Nigeria and Iran down to Nil.
Preston
Super Contributor
@Hali, that was the very reason why I bought the equity shares.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They have 232+ million users and counting. If they can find a way (beyond data) to monetise them... At 10X F/HEPS + 10% Trailing normalised DIV. yield - it looks very cheap. There are far less interesting prospects on the market trading substantially dearer - VOD springs to mind.
Hali
Super Contributor
At the current market Cap we valueing each customer at R980 and eaxh VOD customer at +/-R4000.. Doesn't seem correct to me..somethings gta give..
Preston
Super Contributor
@Hali, are you buying/selling or sitting on your hands in respect of MTN?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
In fairness though - they are a different class of customer - with much higher "average spend" profiles. The true value lies somewhere inbetween as always
BullsnBears
Contributor
With the management team they have now? I wouldn't bet on it.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They have brought in a new management team. Overseas investors are turning to emerging market stocks for yield and growth. AND it loks as if the 50DMA is about to cross the 200DMA to the up (golden cross) At R120 it was well worth a dabble. Longer term - who cares - cell phone companies are all doomed IMO.
Hali
Super Contributor
I bought.. Average is around R122..Im gonna hold for R138..