Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Old format Chat Forum

Rovert
Super Contributor

Am i the only one still hoping that Standard Bank bring back the old format chat forum page. Geez this site is terrible. It seems all our complains are simply ignored

23 REPLIES 23
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Maybe two or three still hoping, the others have voted with their feed. I have certainly let them know of my displeasure. The amount posted here in two months is equivalent to two good days on the old forum. Posting something on this forum is equivalent to talking and arguing with yourself. In fact not going to hang around much longer.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
apologies ... "feet" ....feed is what I produce all day.
platvoet
Occasional Contributor

stick around, the few left here appreciate you

Rovert
Super Contributor

Agreed! The chat forum was one of the major attractions of this trading platform. Does anybody else trade on other banking platforms that have a better chart forum setup?

Come on Standard Bank , listen to your clients and do something about it!

Suggestion - run a surveymonkey (it wont cost a cent) and get the views from the wider audience.

Vince888
Regular Contributor

I think Standardbank is trying to go web-based. I think they may be using SharePoint if I am not mistaken. Just look at the New Online banking. Same look and feel.

partridge1
Regular Contributor

It was easy to pick up on discussions and trace history this is too jumbled up .Suggestion :revive the old forum - but create some subsets so that dealers and traders and investors can gravitate towards discussions of their choice- in the past it was just a jumbled up mess  and create an easy link on the new site -  and let the rest of the community get on with whatever they want to...without me.

Rams
Super Contributor

I liked the old format , we had lots of fun there...

Rams
Super Contributor

I liked the old format. We had lots of fun there...

Vince
Contributor

Jip agree. Old format was a lot better than this. Just can't be bothered to go to this page everyday. Bring back old setup Standard Bank!!

Rovert
Super Contributor

Standard Bank, can we at least get some acknowledgement of the unhappiness raised? Where can I log a complaint so we can get some action?

Russ
Super Contributor
I haven't been here for a couple of weeks. I suppose Std Bank never saw those Capitec ads: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"!
rosszar1
New Contributor

New forum is terrible, but Standard Bank do not really care. Same thing happened when they removed Company News feature. Still miss it, but they did not care. If a better platform presents itself, I am outta here, must start looking.

Rovert
Super Contributor

les us know what you find...

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi, 

Please let me know what issues are you having with our new platform? Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Vince
Contributor

It's a mission to use, too many options and you can never find anything usefull. With the old forum, everything was all in one and together.

Vince888
Regular Contributor

I think Standardbank is trying to centralize their banking solutions. You can chat and ask about anything from credit cards to banking solutions on this platform. I am not trying to defend Standardbank but I dont have a problem. There will always be resistance to change and you just got to live with it especially if you get used to something and how it would normally function.

Remember when standardbank changed their whole share platform there was an outcry and a lot of complaints. Now noone is complaining about the standardbank share platform.

Whether a function or feature is working or not......would be a different matter.

Rovert
Super Contributor

No sure great that things are in one place but the change (chat forum) is just not functional. For many "traders" the chat forums is a big selling point when it comes to selecting trading platforms. I'm really....really...really disappointed with this change. In the past i would spend at least 30 minutes a day on the chat forum....now its 30 minutes a month. That is how much it sucks. This is a sharepoint app , there must be ways of making it friendlier ...have a list view or something.

Vince888
Regular Contributor

Well I do not agree that the selling point for traders is the chat forum. I believe that the selling point for traders would be the low cost that standardbank offers to their clients than other trading platforms. Have you seen the cost to buy shares using PSG, Nedbank, First National bank etc. The costs on other platforms are crazy. I personally dont mind this new chat forum. Even the old chat forum did not have a list view. In particular I like their new workflow where you can vote at AGM using the standardbank workflow versus manually printing out the form and e-mailing it to standardbank. Yes I agree that not all things on the Standardbank platform works 100% completely, but I guess you have to balance getting things at value versus paying a premium 

Rovert
Super Contributor

A functional chat forum is a selling point , and yes cost is a factor of course. I personally dont use many other new features, so if i were presented with 2 choices, this forum at R57 a trade and another (previous functional forum) at R80 a trade....i would gladly pay the extra money. No doubt.

I'm not disputing the AGM and other "new" functionality , its great. What urks me is that there is no acknowledgement from Standard Bank that there could be unhappiness and no attempts to listen to complaints and try and make changes. There will be some , "what dont you like questions" (like 6 months ago) and then it will disappear...