Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Old format Chat Forum

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Old format Chat Forum

Well I do not agree that the selling point for traders is the chat forum. I believe that the selling point for traders would be the low cost that standardbank offers to their clients than other trading platforms. Have you seen the cost to buy shares using PSG, Nedbank, First National bank etc. The costs on other platforms are crazy. I personally dont mind this new chat forum. Even the old chat forum did not have a list view. In particular I like their new workflow where you can vote at AGM using the standardbank workflow versus manually printing out the form and e-mailing it to standardbank. Yes I agree that not all things on the Standardbank platform works 100% completely, but I guess you have to balance getting things at value versus paying a premium 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

A functional chat forum is a selling point , and yes cost is a factor of course. I personally dont use many other new features, so if i were presented with 2 choices, this forum at R57 a trade and another (previous functional forum) at R80 a trade....i would gladly pay the extra money. No doubt.

I'm not disputing the AGM and other "new" functionality , its great. What urks me is that there is no acknowledgement from Standard Bank that there could be unhappiness and no attempts to listen to complaints and try and make changes. There will be some , "what dont you like questions" (like 6 months ago) and then it will disappear...

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

The whole format is cumbersome and cluttered, whereas the old format was simple yet functional, this here is like jumping into a Lambo to go and visit your mate 5 houses away, a lot more easier and practical to jump into your Morris Minor. The majority have already told us what they think of this forum......by their silence. Where is Preston, Kwagga, Koos, Skaap, Stores and, and & and?. The email I received after showing my disappointment, was that they were looking at it and would make some improvements....that was January!!!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Jip

It was handy

Now it is totally unusable.

Blehhhh

0 Kudos