Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PGL - now the question is - what will the first divvie - be -

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Tis a great new year gift this R150m and given that I am too lazy to check out balance sheet debt and something tells me it was going to be a chunky dividend ( why on earth -do they not have any other ideas

in which to place the funds into ..? ) 

All makes me wonder what this divvie will amount to given the number of shares in issue  - which figure I know!?     

4 REPLIES 4
SimonPB
Valued Contributor

no debt and R150m is about 20c a share ? But moe likely they will spend it on something ..

partridge1
Regular Contributor

I recall them saying there will be a divvie. But like you I think its a waste of opportunity to pay it.   

partridge1
Regular Contributor
Besides what is the point of paying a divvie when in year 2 thereafter you have nothing to offer - this will always be a lumpy earnings situation as their indicated (?) intention seems to be we buy stuff develop it and then realize it.. so not a truck load of annuity income based on that approach.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor

that exactly what my understanding is of what they trying to do .. deal makers not operators