Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PVT Equity

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
A sitting duck. Possibly with a spin-off of her Bayside interests to an empowered primary metals producer. Around R5 - just had to play!
11 REPLIES 11
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Your post made me look up when I bought into this one, Aug 2012 ave cost 467, had 2 divs, not a big play in my LT portfolio so a big move either way hardly causes a ripple in my overall holding although would like one to the upside and get shot of it.
kwagga
Super Contributor
A mistake some folks make is getting into mid and small caps when a particular sector starts to run. The mid and small caps usually are the last to run, but when they do eventually, you already want to be in a position. Just for interests sake, some shares that's looking interesting in my books for 2017 are: AIP, MTA, ARL, CIL. Technically and fundamentally all in a good spot.
Not applicable
some good picks there. MTA is not for the faint hearted, with 60% of its revenue coming from Turkey, and the bulk of that revenue dependent on Russian exports. CIL also has legs, but their Angola exposure is of some concern to me, which is why I exited my position in them a while ago. AIP, boring, but looks like it might break up soon.
Russ
Super Contributor
Changing the subject,it appears that the topi (top 40) and alsh have broken out of the downtrend they have been in for the last couple of months, and there has been a buy divergence on the rsi and sto (daily and weekly charts) for the last few weeks which is now playing out. Based on this it looks like we could still have a rally in store for the next couple of weeks at least. Any comments from the techies?
barry_1
Super Contributor
With very little confidence I agree and have gone long on knock out warrants this morning!
Russ
Super Contributor
Good to hear it, Barry, and good luck!
Russ
Super Contributor
Nice, Kwagga, I like your choices for the year.
Russ
Super Contributor
You are right about mta-a lot of traders are chicken of turkey.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
That goes for ARL as well, being chicken of chicken!
Threshold5
Contributor

Well! There goe HLM regardless of all oof the negatice sentiment. Up 25% and much more to come methinks!

Threshold5
Contributor

Well! There goes HLM regardless of all oof the negatice sentiment. Up 25% and much more to come methinks!