Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Re: What am I missing?

TheInvestor
Contributor
Looking at the SENS announcement on 6 November 2015, they stated EPS would be ZAR6.86 lower than 2014, making anticipated EPS for 2015 of +/-ZAR26.50? And this announcement was before the possible ZAR blunder in December. Would this mean then that the current PE is +/-1.1?
11 REPLIES 11
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The market is discounting the current spot iron price. There production cost was $43 but this will have dropped as the Rand has lost 20℅ and they have shelved high cost production together with a slew of workers! Took a batch below R30 as I said I would.
TheInvestor
Contributor
Where can I get the daily Iron Ore price?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
By the way - KIO Never stated that her earnings would be R6.86 lower... She said "at least R6,86 lower..." since R6,86 meets the 20% profit warning threshold set by the JSE. She will probably make a fat loss. Her PE will probably turn negative - these are high rewards, high risk plays! You will find recent spot FE prices in numerous articles just- do a search - to get an up to date feed - you will need to subscribe to "Platts" or some something like it. http://www.mbironoreindex.com/Stub/30679/60-Fe-Iranian-Fines-Index.html
TheInvestor
Contributor
Thanks Threshold. Agreed on the high risk/reward, took a stab at some OTM warrants when KIO was trading in the mid-R20s. Done well so far, but will be interesting to see what results they publish on 9 Feb.
KJR
Frequent Contributor
Any news on why KIO has climbed more than 6%, yet other resources are down?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
She issued a profit warning - R4+ HEPS in the second half - check today's SENS. Turning into a nice position, this one!
Russ
Super Contributor
I bought this morning at 3550 only to see it drop a few % and then rebound very nicely. I picked up a big buy divergence on this when I was doing some research on this last night,including the monthly chart if I'm not mistaken, so I think it has still got legs.
TheInvestor
Contributor
Nice little run. IMO, if H1 2016 current iron ore price and exchange rate stay the same, H1 2016 results may top that of H1 2015 (based on the H1 2015 presentation, showing est. EBIT movement based on exchange rate and iron ore prices). Anyone have a different view?
TheInvestor
Contributor
Any idea as to the massive uptick this afternoon?
Preston
Super Contributor
13 million shares are short. Some of them are closing their short position. Unconfirmed report on Twitter...
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Which is why it is so difficult to get into these things once they have turned!