Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What's up with FSR

FEK
Super Contributor
Down in a up day, what's the forum's views on this share. Thanks.
82 REPLIES 82
Preston
Super Contributor
getting there again, feel that momentum will take it higher
Preston
Super Contributor
kwagga
Super Contributor
Friday was Dividend LDT
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
kwagga
Super Contributor
Last day of trade (LTD). So if you were a share holder by close of business on Friday, you get the dividend. Today guys selling because they were just interested in that divi which they have now qualified for.
Vince888
Regular Contributor
But Kwagga, the LDT was for preference shareholders. The LDT date would have little effect on FSR ordinary shareholders for sure.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I know what LDT is, however doesn't apply to shares mentioned, that is why "?".
kwagga
Super Contributor
My mistake. I missed that. Ok, then maybe a bit of profit take after a 4.1% week last week ?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
or maybe just nobody knows why it's down ? trade the price, everything else is noise
kwagga
Super Contributor
You need to trade the price compared to something Simon ? Price in itself means nothing. You needs to benchmark to determine if it's a cheap price or an expensive price.
Not applicable
that sounds like an investor talking - looking for value. A trader, on the other hand is only interested in sentiment, and price action is the only true measure of sentiment. Read OST's technical analysis on the bank index - dated Feb 16, excellent piece of work that sums the situation up nicely.
Rams
Super Contributor
And sentiment is noise ?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Preston
Super Contributor
MTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mayday, Mayday, we are losing altitude very quickly. Please call the Guptas to save us....
Not applicable
Preston
Super Contributor
Preston
Super Contributor
FEK
Super Contributor
What a turn around, for the worse in this stock
Preston
Super Contributor
This stock is a diamond. You are not reading the technical properly.