Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Home Affairs Standard Bank Canal Walk Booking

Solved
ThePieInTheSky
New Contributor

Dear Sir Madam

I am trying to get a passport for my minor child.

I have completed the Home Affairs online process, including payment.  This shows successful. There is only one step left. This would be to get a booking date at the Standard Bank Canal Walk branch.

I selected each day and the whole available range and it shows there are no slots available.

I tried another branch in Port Elizabeth and timeslots are available. This means the home affairs process is working, but not the standard bank Canal Walk process.

What do I need to do to get a booking to complete the biometrics at Standard Bank Canal Walk?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Regards

Johan

Go to the solution >
3 REPLIES 3
Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @ThePieInTheSky 

We appreciate coming to us,

Your feedback is highly valued. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we are truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you.

While we wouldd love the opportunity to regain your trust, we understand how frustrated you must be.

We will be raising this with our leaders and conduct an investigation with regards to bookings. We kindly ask that you make a booking at another branch closer to you.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or comments, or if we may be of assistance at any point in the future.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

ThePieInTheSky
Solution
New Contributor

Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately it wasn't very helpful.

To anyone else reading this, herewith the answer.  They are fully booked for a month in advance. Other Standard Bank branches, like Gqeberha does have some spots available if you feel like flying and not standing in a Home Affairs queue.

Alternatively you can print all the info and take it to a Home Affairs office near you. You do not have to pay again.

zadiegilbert

What information do you need to print when you go to a home affairs office? A screenshot of the proof of payment or of your entire online applicastion?